Click Here!

How do people make "profile status updates"?

Deadman

1 hour ago, Deadman said:

Yeah, I don’t see anything like that on my profile.

Okay, I’m just going to toss this out there, but have you cleared your browsing history and cache? And perhaps also the AFF cookies? Our cookies will reinstall when you visit the site, so that’s no problem, but sometimes cookie strings get corrupted, and browser history can store older versions of the site which might create display issues.

1 hour ago, BronxWench said:

Okay, I’m just going to toss this out there, but have you cleared your browsing history and cache? And perhaps also the AFF cookies? Our cookies will reinstall when you visit the site, so that’s no problem, but sometimes cookie strings get corrupted, and browser history can store older versions of the site which might create display issues.

I disable cookies by default and my browsing history and cache are deleted every time I close my browser. So I have doubts that this is the problem. I also don’t stay logged in, like I don’t allow my browser to save my passwords and usernames and stuff, for anything.

Unless there are somehow cookies that get stored which I’m not aware of.

20 minutes ago, WillowDarkling said:

Isn’t there also a possibility that if there’s some kind of an adblocker or something (like what Desiderius Price mentioned) that it would block some features, like the status bar?

I tried that when I initially reported the issue. I disabled all my adblockers and it still didn’t seem to help. I even tried another browser and I still don’t see that option available.

52 minutes ago, Deadman said:

I disable cookies by default and my browsing history and cache are deleted every time I close my browser. So I have doubts that this is the problem. I also don’t stay logged in, like I don’t allow my browser to save my passwords and usernames and stuff, for anything.

Unless there are somehow cookies that get stored which I’m not aware of.

By default, AFF creates a cookie every time you log in, if there isn’t one already stored. Perhaps not allowing cookies is the root of the problem? Our cookies aren’t trackers, but in the archive, they are created when you attest to being over 18, if I’m remembering correctly. (Not being a coder, I remain cheerfully mystified by the details...)

9 hours ago, Deadman said:

Funny enough, I did just notice this history just now as I checked again on my profile:

The forums won’t let me attach anything bigger than 7kB, insufficient for a screenshot.

When I go to my profile, before I click on anything else, middle right is a long list of my activity, that’s where I see the box with “Write a public message on your own feed...”.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.