Click Here!

Problem with messaging on Forums

Deadman

Hmm, weird thing going on with my account. I was in discussion with another member and for some reason, my messages are coming out as blank.

Can’t seem to figure out why and I’ve tried it a few times and it doesn’t work.

20 hours ago, WillowDarkling said:

Moved this to the correct forum for you guys, and I’ll tag @manta2g and @DemonGoddess since they are the tech admins for us. Hopefully they will be able to answer you guys soon. 

Thanks. It’s possible that it had to do with the topic, assuming there’s some kind of filter? We spoke about something like this:

I’m testing out messaging them again with a new topic. Just in case that was the problem.

1 minute ago, Desiderius Price said:

Yeah, we tested out a hypothesis, but didn’t make a difference if Deadman started the conversation vs me.  I’m sending successfully, he’s not. 

FYI, I’m using Firefox 115.0 (64-bit on Linux).

Though it’s looking like it is possible if I quote you in the message. There’s a chance it depends on what type of way I message you.

1 minute ago, Deadman said:

Though it’s looking like it is possible if I quote you in the message. There’s a chance it depends on what type of way I message you.

Maybe.  Could be an issue in the javascript and your browser version, so that’s why I listed mine. 

IIRC, you’re running from a public library wifi, so something might be getting filtered out?  On a VPN?

This is all awesome information, and I’m sure that DG or Manta will get back to you on this as soon as they can. They just both work insane hours IRL, so it might be a bit of a wait. 

But if you have found a work around, try to use that until they can figure out the problem. It is possible that it is a browser related thing, but I am so tech-challenged that I beg you not to take me on my word on that :D  

11 minutes ago, WillowDarkling said:

This is all awesome information, and I’m sure that DG or Manta will get back to you on this as soon as they can. They just both work insane hours IRL, so it might be a bit of a wait. 

But if you have found a work around, try to use that until they can figure out the problem. It is possible that it is a browser related thing, but I am so tech-challenged that I beg you not to take me on my word on that :D  

It’s not as serious an issue as originally thought. Looks like it’s specifically messenger pop up and appears to be only me who has this problem. @Desiderius Price appears to be able to use the pop up without an issue.

17 minutes ago, WillowDarkling said:

You of course tried the obvious, like clearing your cookies and that, didn’t you, @Deadman? :D  That’s usually the first thing BronxWench tells me to do when I have issues, and half the time it works :D 

Yes, generally speaking. My browsers are set so that any time I close the browser, it deletes all cookies. So I tried it again today and the same thing happened.

9 minutes ago, Deadman said:

Yes, generally speaking. My browsers are set so that any time I close the browser, it deletes all cookies. So I tried it again today and the same thing happened.

I’ve got mine setup to clear most things too… logins, cookies, cache, history, etc.  That’s generally a good & strong settings to have IMO.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.