Click Here!

torture scenes

ippu81

in my story there will be a lot of torture. mainly by diffrent machines, is it too much? my mc will suffer much and is always very poor condition after these torturing times. can anybody read any of this.?  i could post a snippet from one torture scene if anyone want´s be shocked.

3 hours ago, ippu81 said:

in my story there will be a lot of torture. mainly by diffrent machines, is it too much? my mc will suffer much and is always very poor condition after these torturing times. can anybody read any of this.?  i could post a snippet from one torture scene if anyone want´s be shocked.

Torture is very subjective. What might be fine for one reader could be too much for another reader. That is why we require proper tagging on stories with content that can be upsetting.

This forum, however, is not the place to post snippets of work. The forum is the right place to ask for a beta reader, or to create a review reply thread where you can chat with readers, or to look for advice from other authors like you’re doing here. All story content belongs in the archive, though, so please don’t post snippets here or the forum staff will remove those snippets.

Now, with all the staff stuff said, time to wear my writer/reader hat…

I don’t like to read about torture simply for the sake of torture. It has to be done for a reason, whether as a punishment or as an act of revenge, or because the torturer is clearly sociopathic and sadistic. Or maybe the MC is being trained by way of torture? Whatever the reason, it has to be consistent and somewhat believable. But that’s strictly my personal taste. I don’t mind torture, if it fits the story, and doesn’t trip up any of my personal squicks. 

her torturer is actually her husband. or part of him anyway. i have written them quite graphically, so i must put warnings in place when comes to time publish those. i have written those beforehand , kinda, i am not writing my story from start to end . i  write it from everywhere in the middle even. i write these chapters or events and them tie them together someday. thanks for answering. this story is about supernatural beings, which can  be alive even without organs ,so my writing is rough.