Click Here!

I still cannot update my story

Guest dschinny

1 minute ago, WillowDarkling said:

No, you are constantly posting irrelevant post in a thread that has to do with Tech support for the Archive. So, I am hiding the posts that have NOTHING to do with the thread. For example, the last post I hid from you, you were discussing my gender and pronouns, which are of absolutely NO concern either for you, nor for this thread. 

This is not abuse, this is staff trying to keep control of a thread that has to do with an ongoing issue with our archive. Simple as that. 

We are not bullying you, we are not abusing you, we are simply trying to maintain order. And if you continue to post irrelevant posts on this thread, I will continue to hide them. 

I’m not and never have made irrelevant posts to begin with, and hiding them *is* you bullying the writer; these have *everything* to do with the thread in question.

What I said was in that only *part* of it; yet hiding posts, at all, ever, is really bullying and harassment via censorship.

Trying to maintain order will not work; as it puts up a barrier to reporting problems- this is by no means “irrelevant” but rather now reporting YOU for censorship and thus preventing reports of problems with the site to begin with, merely by hiding them.

1 hour ago, WillowDarkling said:

Thank you kindly for your patience, and we will make an announcement as soon as the site is back up and running. According to what DG and Manta have told us, this attacker is beyond persistent, and they are working on this every moment they have to do so. 

Though, come to think of it; this’d pay into our benefit; as this attacker appears to be not only “beyond persistent” as you so succinctly put it (and probably rightly so) but if so, then this site is living rent free inside his head- thus benefiting us: he’s obsessed and thus going to be inept.

1 hour ago, Deadman said:

I figured that. No worries, I’m happy to wait. It’s helpful though because it’s given me time to write more stuff that can get posted when it’s back up.

One solid way to test it is to try to do something, and observe the results; nothing to harm the site, or the works (any of them) but something to test the functional ability to do something regarding your own works… but don’t do it with any particular task you really work on; due to the odds of it disappearing.

That way you’ll know, one way or the other, whether it works or not… you’re going to have your feedback, one way or the other; then, please I beg and beseech you; do report the results to the site owners, so feedback can be expanded and cleared up.

4 hours ago, Deadman said:

Totally get it. I have a whole list of stories that I have been planning on writing and right before the problem of this hacker, I was worried that I wasn’t updating fast enough because I’m writing too slow. Now I don’t feel that way.

It’s going to be fun when it comes back on and hopefully it’s going to be enjoyed for people.

Oh, I believe you will be able to upload the works; I know what you mean: I too have a lot of works that I want to upload- and good ones too.