Click Here!

thumbelina

6dr

• 6dr changed the title to thumbelina
3 hours ago, WillowDarkling said:

This is what we need when requesting a new category: http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/topic/63215-requesting-a-new-category/

If some stories would exist, is this possible that the stories be moved to the new category? At moment can we change the fandom or language? And before new category existence, should we post our works as original work, despite those works are not original?

Edited by 6dr
disambiguation

If there are existing stories in the Archive that are marked as being “Thumbelina” fan fiction then yes, those would be moved to the new category when it is created. Although probably not until they would be found by our Cleanup Crew, if we are not notified about those stories beforehand. 

I do not understand what you mean by your second question, “At moment can we change the fandom or language?”. If you mean whether it is allowed to post stories in another language than English, then yes we do allow that, as long as the disclaimer and summary of the story are written in English, so our moderators can understand them, since at the moment all of the staff are English speakers. 

And third, no. If you write a fan fiction based on the story Thumbelina, you would have to place it in either Books or Cartoons, based on which format of the story you are basing your fan fiction on. I am not an archive mod so I don’t know all of the categories there, but I do think that under Books or Cartoons, there should be categories like General, Het – Male/Female, Slash – Male/Male, etc. and you would place the story in the appropriate subcategory. 

And if you wish for this category to be created, you must edit your first post with the standard format of request as displayed in the link that I posted for you. 

Willow Darkling, forum moderator. 

There is an existing category in the Cartoons subdomain for Thumbelina:  http://cartoon.adult-fanfiction.org/index.php?cat=1996

At the moment, it appears there are no stories in the category.

18 hours ago, BronxWench said:

There is an existing category in the Cartoons subdomain for Thumbelina:  http://cartoon.adult-fanfiction.org/index.php?cat=1996

At the moment, it appears there are no stories in the category.

The first problem is that I could not find my wished category at first, because general search does not work (I hope it will be repaired asap), And also through archive list I could not find it at beginning; because I was searching it in book subdomain list, But now I have understood it’s in cartoon archive, From where should I was know it was in which archive?

Generally AFF has not a good and easy structure for work. For example, AO3 is very much more easier and user friendly for fanfic, Although I wish AFF would be better so that I use this place because for some personal reasons I like AFF more than AO3.

We separate fandoms based on where they originate if they aren’t active enough to have merited their own subdomain, like Harry Potter or Naruto. So the first question is what kind of fandom is it? Is it a movie, or a television show, or a cartoon, or a book? Once you know the basic subdomain, you need to search within that subdomain. As I explained in our emails, our subdomains are all separate databases, and one cannot search across all databases. We have a FAQ with images about this here.

In this instance, Thumbelina could be based on the book version of the fairy tale, or it could be based on the cartoon version of the fairy tale. At some point, we were asked for and created a category in the Cartoon subdomain, which is still there, although there are no stories in that category at present. If, however, you want to submit a work based on the Book version, we would need to create a new category in the Book section, in the Fairy Tales sub category.

4 hours ago, BronxWench said:

We separate fandoms based on where they originate if they aren’t active enough to have merited their own subdomain, like Harry Potter or Naruto. So the first question is what kind of fandom is it? Is it a movie, or a television show, or a cartoon, or a book? Once you know the basic subdomain, you need to search within that subdomain. As I explained in our emails, our subdomains are all separate databases, and one cannot search across all databases. We have a FAQ with images about this here.

In this instance, Thumbelina could be based on the book version of the fairy tale, or it could be based on the cartoon version of the fairy tale. At some point, we were asked for and created a category in the Cartoon subdomain, which is still there, although there are no stories in that category at present. If, however, you want to submit a work based on the Book version, we would need to create a new category in the Book section, in the Fairy Tales sub category.

Although the configuration of AFF is not good enough, it’s confusing and isn’t user friendly (and it’s the problem which I have talked with you these days)

But

Surely the book is the origin of this story (and so many cartoons, comics, and animations are made based story books, surely as you know!), However thanks a lot for your response!

Edited by 6dr

I’ve always found the set up of the Archives to be so user-friendly and logical. 

If you want a fan fiction that is based on the original fairytale, you go to books. If you want a fan fiction that is based on later interpretations of the story, such as cartoons, movies, comics, TV shows, you check the relevant categories. 

Even if the cartoons, movies, comics, and TV shows are based on the original story, they are independent interpretation of the fairytale. Therefore, they go into their specific categories, which are based on the medium of the story telling, basically. 

And I still need you to edit your first post in this thread to the standard form needed for category requests, or I’m moving this thread to the General Staff Questions, because it has gone way beyond a category request. 

3 hours ago, WillowDarkling said:

I’ve always found the set up of the Archives to be so user-friendly and logical. 

If you want a fan fiction that is based on the original fairytale, you go to books. If you want a fan fiction that is based on later interpretations of the story, such as cartoons, movies, comics, TV shows, you check the relevant categories. 

Even if the cartoons, movies, comics, and TV shows are based on the original story, they are independent interpretation of the fairytale. Therefore, they go into their specific categories, which are based on the medium of the story telling, basically. 

And I still need you to edit your first post in this thread to the standard form needed for category requests, or I’m moving this thread to the General Staff Questions, because it has gone way beyond a category request. 

Based on your words there is need that this category would exist in several parts at the same time: book, manga, anime, movie & etc, this can to be good for next authors, and not only me. And this is the reason that I said the structure of archives should be changed, of course after solving site’s financial issues!

If moving this thread helps the site to get better, do it, We all want to develop and improve AFF !

Edited by 6dr

We don’t create categories unless there are stories to be placed in the category. Empty categories serve no purpose, and as I’ve explained before, each subdomain is a separate database. You cannot do a global search across all databases. 

The site has no financial issues that prevent us from operating as we are. We’re not in fiscal jeopardy; we simply can’t revamp the site to what you envision it to be. I’ve actually suggested, in the past, that anyone who thinks it’s easy should try starting up a fiction website themselves. I promise you, it will be a revelatory experience. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.