Click Here!

Password breach?

Guest SisterWine

Guest SisterWine

Received an email that “someone” knew my password for this site. Even had it in the subject line. Tried in vain to change my password. Had the reset email send me the link and that told me the path was expired and I had signed in too many times. MODS- please make changing the password more accessible to authors. I don’t take kindly to an unknown source knowing my password. This is unacceptable!  :pissed:

This topic has been addressed previously in this thread. Without restating what’s already been said, there is no current breach. 

Moderators do not have access to passwords, and cannot see or reset your password for you. You need to do that yourself, using the password link and the same email address as is associated with your account. The issues with Microsoft email clients, including Hotmail, were resolved, according to our tech admin, @DemonGoddess so you should be able to reset your password. Keep in mind it is case sensitive, and must be between 8-12 letters and/or numbers long, NO punctuation or special characters allowed.

If you are still having an issue resetting the password, please let us know with as much detail as possible. I’d suggest doing it via email, since the forums are public and can be crawled by searchbots, and scammers looking to harvest email addresses. You can reach us at tos_team@adult-fanfiction,org. 

If the scammer emailing you asked for a Bitcoin ransom, you can report the Bitcoin wallet to this site: https://www.bitcoinabuse.com/ 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.