Click Here!

Hiccup the Overlord discussion thread

Jwsponky

8 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Hmmm…. i like that, but can i suggest a twist? Rapunzel is moved into the tower and shown around/given a room. she’d probably take to decorating. instead of joining in with gothel, she joins in with her cousins anna and elsa. or one of the future wives…. maybe aurora, i see her as head magic girl for some reason.

Gothel, however, tries to coast by without paying anything and the sorceresses trick her into ‘paying’ hiccup personally.

hmmm, idea for Cassandra. If we can justify her meeting with Rapunzel during her youth, we can have her blame herself for not saving her and have a parallel ‘childhood friends’ loyalty angle to hiccup and toothless.

though Rapunzel’s reaction to meeting her real mother would be REALLY awkward after that. as would gothel’s

Those ideas could work, and I admit my plan had been for Arianna to be skeptical of Gothel's tale of finding Rapunzel in the woods, but not wanting to risk alienating the man who just saved her kingdom by accusing someone under his protection of kidnapping

My imagination has seen fit to cough up another idea for the larger idea of 'What if young Hiccup tried to give himself wings to mimic Maleficent?'…

Assuming he managed to succeed, what if due to his denser human bones he was only capable of short bursts of flight, or gliding to slow a fall? They'd probably also be able to fulfill a similar function to a cobra's hood, Hiccup flaring them out when he wants to try and be intimidating...

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Strange_idea said:

hmmm, what if he thinks they’re useless until he meets the wing-maidens? then drags them out again and asks them to show him some tricks? As a child, just hovering or gliding wouldn’t seem like much after all

That would be a possibility, though on the of the Wingmaidens, Razorwhips must be very strong if their juveniles can carry fully grown women long distances

if he wears the fluffy overlord collar people could compare him to a vulture.

actually, how did maleficent take the wing idea? i imagine she was frustrated when it first happened, but after mellowing out, getting back in touch with her daughter and it ACTUALLY working she’d be flattered. and probably apologise for not appreciating it the first time.

4 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

probably yes. we could have a nod to that in that they use them for supply carriages.

Idea, what if the wings are magically tied to and created from and armour torso based on his wing-suit from film 2? a literal wing-suit.

I admit the idea of the wings being part of the armor had not occurred to me

3 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

if he wears the fluffy overlord collar people could compare him to a vulture.

actually, how did maleficent take the wing idea? i imagine she was frustrated when it first happened, but after mellowing out, getting back in touch with her daughter and it ACTUALLY working she’d be flattered. and probably apologise for not appreciating it the first time.

I admit I hadn't considered how Maleficent t would react, because I have not yet decided if she will still have HER wings…

With wings- Likely exasperated, and/or horrified at what could have gone wrong, at Hiccup's experimenting on himself, though after testing the formula on something else, possibly a rat, and secretly touched/flattered at Hiccup's attempts to emulate her

Without wings- Still probably exasperated/horrified at 'what its', but also bitter due to her own loss, but not wanting to take it out on Hiccup... Then again if the formula could give a human wings, it would stand to reason that it could regrow a fairy's...

well if we go by ‘maleficent’ maleficent, her wings are locked in a case in the old elf castle.

let’s say she doesn’t want any wings, she wants HERS. so the first time she’s just bitter, but the next time she can appreciate it and apologises for not doing so.

if we go by the ‘aurora is confused and a bit bitter’ idea, one of the first things she could do after waking up is walk around her old home, then follow this mysterious knocking noise…..

2 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

well if we go by ‘maleficent’ maleficent, her wings are locked in a case in the old elf castle.

let’s say she doesn’t want any wings, she wants HERS. so the first time she’s just bitter, but the next time she can appreciate it and apologises for not doing so.

if we go by the ‘aurora is confused and a bit bitter’ idea, one of the first things she could do after waking up is walk around her old home, then follow this mysterious knocking noise…..

That is a possibility

3 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

well she has poison, disguises, and scheming… apples

picture hiccup offering everyone apples and trying to hide a grin. Grimhilde immediately punishes him. Mim takes it and asks if he remembered to poison it first. He did not.

That would be amusing, though is the lack of poison merely a planning error, or did he not want to risk killing his mothers?

6 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

I think both. He’s not as evil as they are i think…. Grimhilde being the worst. Ursula’s next, mim’s…. hard to place but up there. Maleficent’s jut extremely bitter. so he probably wouldn’t do it after mim pointed it out anyway.

going to bed soon

4 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

hes also never emulated mim…. i think everyone involved agreed that was for the best

These are true, night

Okay. It mifht be a bit odd to have paris..... but if we have the BEGINNING of Paris and the Cathedril, still as a thatch roofed stone-wall Fledgeling town it could make sense. we could have them offer art since they haven't many supplies, and when Hiccup admits he's more of a scholar and fighter than an art lover they introduce him to these things called Gargoyles.... including a beautiful woman gargoyle they call 'Esmerelda'. Or She could be mayor either way.

I'm not sure how 'conquer the innocent' he would be at this point though. So how about this? He happens uppon the town while prepating for another disney kingdom. It's just a river settlement that he helpa out with some epmire thugs and most of the chapter doesn't even focus on it. He stays in a 'fortress' with a weird design and notes some good-looking statues. The locals are just so frightened by his might they try to offer him tribute, but he's busy thinking and planning the fight ahead and wondering if he's really that scary. Character stuff.

Until, when he tries to leave, he notices how little they have for themselces and leave them some money and supplies. They give him gargoyles as thanks and say that Paris will remember him, which is the first time the town gets a name.

Gargoyles, being traditionally used to ward off evil, would be an interesting device to have at the tower. Since Grimhilde, mim and Ursula are residents, I don't see the gargoyles as attacking them, but not quick to defend them either.

Esemerelda could be a mysterious figure that shows up wandering the tower for a while, never appearing to 'evil' characters. She manifests mostly as a bard-like figure wandering the grounds but Personally co-ordinates the new tower gargoyles and issues orders.

If we put paris into the first game storyline, she could be one of the forces that sneak him into the castle.

Also? Remember the 'Ariel defending him at an inn' idea? This could be the town. It could be on the way to heaven's peak.

If we go with the good and bad succubus queen thing, she'd probably quite like the 'eliza' figure and loathe the 'demona' figure. Actually, Idea. Remember how i suggested the 'human Eliza turned new succubus queen' sub plotline? What if she was worried about being evil but started seeing this gypsy girl around.... I can see them starting a nest together, and maybe being the heavy tower security.

It's never explained. He's just there, and the size of a small elephant (twice as wide). Probably magic involved.

He's loyal to both girls and rooting for charlotte's crush, so if hiccup makes a move on tiana without her say-so lois makes it clear he shouldn't.

They use him as both a house and guard dog, a war elephant and a pack mule.

Jasmine and agrabah used to be human, it's mirage's fault that they're like this and she's surprised to find that she's still alive since a mortal human should be dead by now.

And since reptiles get bigger the more they age.…

Jasmine used to be the scourge of the desert and was made leader kf a bandit clan for her ability to keep people alive. They drove a wicked and cruel sorceress out of agraba (guess who. Even she admits she deserved it), with the help of her horified apprentice (Sadira) and were madr the sultanna and royal guard as a result. Then mirage cursed them as a parting shot and they had to retreat behind a veil for fear of the world outside and what they'd do to the snake women. Mirage turned to her old teacher to lick her wounds and we all know how that went.

Mirage cannoy remember why the snake women are angry at her until she sees jasmine and sadira and starts gloating about her curse, which naturally is when it hits her.

1 hour ago, Strange_idea said:

Okay. It mifht be a bit odd to have paris..... but if we have the BEGINNING of Paris and the Cathedril, still as a thatch roofed stone-wall Fledgeling town it could make sense. we could have them offer art since they haven't many supplies, and when Hiccup admits he's more of a scholar and fighter than an art lover they introduce him to these things called Gargoyles.... including a beautiful woman gargoyle they call 'Esmerelda'. Or She could be mayor either way.

I'm not sure how 'conquer the innocent' he would be at this point though. So how about this? He happens uppon the town while prepating for another disney kingdom. It's just a river settlement that he helpa out with some epmire thugs and most of the chapter doesn't even focus on it. He stays in a 'fortress' with a weird design and notes some good-looking statues. The locals are just so frightened by his might they try to offer him tribute, but he's busy thinking and planning the fight ahead and wondering if he's really that scary. Character stuff.

Until, when he tries to leave, he notices how little they have for themselces and leave them some money and supplies. They give him gargoyles as thanks and say that Paris will remember him, which is the first time the town gets a name.

Gargoyles, being traditionally used to ward off evil, would be an interesting device to have at the tower. Since Grimhilde, mim and Ursula are residents, I don't see the gargoyles as attacking them, but not quick to defend them either.

Esemerelda could be a mysterious figure that shows up wandering the tower for a while, never appearing to 'evil' characters. She manifests mostly as a bard-like figure wandering the grounds but Personally co-ordinates the new tower gargoyles and issues orders.

If we put paris into the first game storyline, she could be one of the forces that sneak him into the castle.

Also? Remember the 'Ariel defending him at an inn' idea? This could be the town. It could be on the way to heaven's peak.

If we go with the good and bad succubus queen thing, she'd probably quite like the 'eliza' figure and loathe the 'demona' figure. Actually, Idea. Remember how i suggested the 'human Eliza turned new succubus queen' sub plotline? What if she was worried about being evil but started seeing this gypsy girl around.... I can see them starting a nest together, and maybe being the heavy tower security.

51 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Eamerelda would appear fully human during her walkabouts. She's something of a prohection, something of a ghost. The real her is the esmerelda gargoyle

45 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Tiana SOMEHOW probably has louis the alligator as a pet.

38 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

It's never explained. He's just there, and the size of a small elephant (twice as wide). Probably magic involved.

He's loyal to both girls and rooting for charlotte's crush, so if hiccup makes a move on tiana without her say-so lois makes it clear he shouldn't.

They use him as both a house and guard dog, a war elephant and a pack mule.

11 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Jasmine and agrabah used to be human, it's mirage's fault that they're like this and she's surprised to find that she's still alive since a mortal human should be dead by now.

And since reptiles get bigger the more they age.…

Jasmine used to be the scourge of the desert and was made leader kf a bandit clan for her ability to keep people alive. They drove a wicked and cruel sorceress out of agraba (guess who. Even she admits she deserved it), with the help of her horified apprentice (Sadira) and were madr the sultanna and royal guard as a result. Then mirage cursed them as a parting shot and they had to retreat behind a veil for fear of the world outside and what they'd do to the snake women. Mirage turned to her old teacher to lick her wounds and we all know how that went.

Mirage cannoy remember why the snake women are angry at her until she sees jasmine and sadira and starts gloating about her curse, which naturally is when it hits her.

These are possibilities, I admit the main reason I thought about adding Paris and Esmeralda to the story was as a nod to the fact that in real life the Vikings attacked Paris in 845, and did enough damage that in later years all Vikings had to do was show up and the Parisians would give them loot to go away rather than try and fight them. As for ‘conquer the innocent’, my plan had been for the Empire to have conquered Paris, then Hiccup takes it from them, I apologize if I seem to use that plan a lot, but the Glorious Empire are the main enemy of the second game, and based on the real world Roman Empire that stretched over most of Europe…

I admit I hadn’t considered the possibility of including Louis the alligator...

I also admit I had not considered the possibility of Mirage having a hand in Agrabah being a city of nagas, I had been planning to just have them exist, kind of like how the various merfolk just exist…

On an unrelated note, I have seen the trailer for HTTYD 3, and while most of me is excited, if a tad irked they released it more than half a year ahead of the premiere, a small part of me wants to put off writing this story until I know the events of the aforementioned film so I can try and include them, causing the rest of me to rather annoyed at the possibility of writer’s block on this project, since I made it my active project to try and get over writer’s block on a previous project!..  Which incidentally was/is basically a HTTYD story that would be a whole slew of ‘what if’s’ rolled into one...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.