Click Here!

Rewrite Questions

KassX

Hi there, first off, I HAVE read DemonGoddess' post about rewrite procedure, but I still have some questions about it.

I wrote a story that has some reviews/views that I don't want to lose, but the last time I added a chapter to it was in 2014 O.O I thought it would be a great opportunity to rewrite it significantly before continuing, but I want to know more before I make that decision.

Can I create a new version of the story right now (the old version would NOT be updated anymore)?
Would I be allowed to update the new version weekly or twice a week (as I finish rewriting chapters, since I can only work so fast)?
When the merge does happen (which may happen in a few months), will I be able to retain the old reviews and views, AND any new review/views the new version may have gained?
Thanks!
Kass

Hi!

Yes, you can create the rewrite version. Just label it as such, either a bracketed mention in the summary, or in the title itself. As long as we know it's a rewrite, we don't treat it as a duplicate story.

Update the new version, and when you've finished rewriting the chapters, let us know so we can merge the hit count data and reviews from the old version to the new version. They won't overwrite any of the new reviews, so you keep old and new, and the count data should be combined, as I understand it. That's been my experience, anyway.

Thanks!

Thank you so much! I just wanted to be 100% sure. Now I can get on with obsessively rewriting something that is probably already acceptable XD

Thanks for the double check! You guys have been very timely and helpful. I will be sure to contact tech support for the merge when I'm all done. Have a great day ^_^

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.