Click Here!

How many sites do you post at?

I've been wondering if it is a good thing to post fics on as many sites as possible. I'm archived on this site, fanfiction.net, a little bit on ilovebishonen.com.ar, and gundam-wing-universe.net but I know people that are all over the place and am wondering if I should post on other websites so I can get more reviews and more readers, or is this totally unnecessary? How many websites are you guys on?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CanadianGinger

I myself only post my stories on two websites: AFF and FF.

I find them sufficient, since the two of them get pretty heavy traffic. Unfortunately, the problem with posting on more than one site is that you may forget to update on all the website (I do this all the time). I update on AFF and forget to add the chapter to FF. Blah.

I post on three. AFF, FF, and Deviantart. Deviantart is more for visual art but it does have the option to post poetry and prose. Since the art for my fics is there already, it's pretty easy. The art is on my account (haywire-hakaze) and the story posted is on Hakaze's account (hakaze-haywire).

I think it all depends on the effort you want to put into it. I post at a lot of places (um...6 places w/ general interests, and then a handful of ones with specific themes/fandoms/etc) and it takes me close to 30 minutes to format my fics/chapters as each site specifies. And while I often have to post on the fly given my current schedule, I can't bring myself to stop posting to all those sites because I have people who follow my fics only on certain sites.

I post in various places, like AFF, FF.net(not much anymore), Foreverfandom(not much), Harrypotterfanfiction(Not much anymore), DiviantArt (Handle is fanfictionaxis and of course, my own website.

But I tend to keep my stories closer to home then post them elsewhere of late.

Beth

Everything I post goes on adult-fanfiction.org adult-fanfiction.org is the best site I've had for feedback. If I only put on two sites, adult-fanfiction.org would be one, and Grey Archive the other.

I've sent everything that fits it to the Grey Archive, which has really only left out a couple of stories that would have gone on the old White Archive.

I have an author's page at Wacky World of Erotic Cartoons.

Superhero stories I send to superstories.net

I've not written anything that would be allowed on ff.net for a long time. Even before they kicked off all the really hard stuff I'd probably have been pushing it.

I post the occasional story to forums like gurochan's /lit/ board as well, if I think the forum users will enjoy it. Mostly, of course, they hate it with the exploding power of a million suns.

So it goes.

Edited by JayDee

Six sites total for me. One I rarely use anymore.

Gargoyles-fans.org for my gargoyle fics and collabs.

Fictionpress (no longer used) for poetry and older fics

Fanfiction.net for my fanfiction and rewrites of fairytales

AFF for the naughty stuff

DA for my favorite pieces of fiction and poems

I have one story posted on Furaffinity by request

All my adult material can be found here and nowhere else.

• 1 month later...
Guest MortiferLascivio

Well, if you want more reviews, then yeah, posting in more than one place would do that for you. It can be a hassle to handle though, if the number of sites starts exceeding three. However, I post my stories on about five places:

Adultfanfiction.net

Fanfiction.net

Livejournal.com

MediaMiner.org

Kiss The Boy

I don't update on all of those sites regularly; normally I do the most frequent on the sites with the most readers.

I don't have a problem keeping track of where I post my stuff because I develope a daily routine with those sites. However, recently ilovebishonen.com.ar has gone off and I don't know why. I have probles with some archives. There are ones like ilovebishonen where the creator of the site does all of the posting, which isn't ideal for me because I like direct posting. Then there are sights were the creator picks you, not the other way around. What I have discovered about a lot of these sites is that it has nothing to do with how good a writer you are, but if the creator is friends with you or you write a pairing that they just love. I know this, because there are popular authors in the fandom that these sites post for that are excellent writers but they aren't hosted. I like places like this site and gundam-wing-archive.net because there are no strings attached, if you write for the fandom, you can post there. I guess I'm looking for someplace like that, but with the gundam wing fandom, places like that aren't easy to find anymore. Fanfiction.net and adult-fanfiction.org seem to be the best places for fanfiction anyway.

I'd probably post on more sites if my fics weren't so Adult. As it is, I stick to AFF.

I used to post on a special Lion King site for Lion King fanfiction. Maybe I can take that stuff and up the content a bit. It had Lion King characters turning into humans.

All I need do is remember what site it was on.

i post on three different sites, depending on what it is i'm posting.

i post here on aff, obviously.

as a lot of the things that i write happens to be yaoi/slash, i post on y!gallery.

and a lot of the stuff that i write at the moment is in the naruto fandom so i also post on TONFA.

i used to post on ff.net, but an incident with a troll who tried to steal one of my stories has caused me to be a bit more leery. and ff.net's response to the incident, and tons of proof that it was mine first, has decided that i won't be posting new stories there anymore.