Click Here!

Love it or Hate it?

PorcupineCuty

I'm going to start by saying please keep it professional. If you want to display your opinions on it then do it in a civilized manner. The last thing I want is to offend someone who disagrees with another person. Okay... with that said... I'll tell you want I feel about it! :o

To tell you the truth, I had fun playing the games. Yes. KH, KH:CoM, and KHII. It was entertaining and kept me busy when I felt I had nothing to do. The voice acting I found to be tolerable and the graphics weren't bad either. (Even the CoM one. XD) But, like with ever game I play, I do have my complaints.

First, it has to be the way they portrayed Cloud in the first one. I seriously LOVE Cloud. (I bet you couldn't tell. XD) I know that Cloud has his faults and maybe that's why I'm attached to him because I know he's not perfect. However, did anyone else noticed that in KH they made him seem like a pathetic little wimp? I mean, come on, how in the world could he defeat a badass like Sephiroth and yet go down by a frickin' dog? >_< It makes no sense to me. That reall irked me the wrong way when I saw it.

Another complaint is the way they pronounced Tidus' name in KH as well. Okay, I know that in various trailers they also pronounce it as Tee-Dus but I really dislike that name. I much more prefer Tie-Dus. It sounds better and it makes him sound more cool (Even if he is a doofus. XD) then with Tee-Dus which make him sounds like he wets himself every night. XP However, KHII did change his name to be pronouced the way I like it so YAY FOR YOU!!! XD

KH: CoM made my head spin a little. I hate the whole card battle system. It really got annoying really quickly and that's usually a bad sign for a game. >_< I still enjoyed myself but I think if those blasted cards weren't there, I would have enjoyed it a whole lot more. On the plus side, I got to control Riku which was fun. :D Much better to handle than with Sora. XD

I have not finished playing KHII but it seems to be decent enough. I have my complaints already, like how the hell they would introduce Auron only to take him away five minutes later!? :P" I'm not sure if he appears again. All i know is he better or I might go rabid. (I know, fangirls must die. XD). I felt like a child who just had her favorite plush toy taken away from her. T_T Anyway, if you read the description that's in the strategy guide (I read it and it pissed me off), you will see that they still bash on Cloud. I mean, what's wrong Squeenix? Have something against the blode that you always have to bring him down? This is why he has been really Emo as of late. I would be Emo too if I had to work for such a company! >_< XD I'm only kidding. I do love Square-Enix. I just wish they would stop messing with Cloud so much. T_T

Well, once I finish playing KHII I will give more details about what I like/hate about the game. In the mean time, I'll just chat with you here and see what you guys have to say about the product. Do you like it? Do you hate it? Do you want to have cheese with it? Please give me your thoughts on it! XD

Number of christians * the average christian's love for god < My love for Kingdom Hearts

I bought a PS3 already for KH3 (in the hope it'll be out before the PS4 arrives)

So yeah, I love Kingdom Hearts :D

• 3 years later...

I've played all the KH games so far, and if I had to describe my feelings towards the series in a phrase, it'd be "The series I love to hate...but secretly really love." xD

KHI was genuinely fun. It was one of the first games I played on the PS2, and I was really excited about it. I suppose you could say it was my gateway drug into gaming (before it I had only played Mario games on N64, Pokemon, and those stupid little Barbie games), so it'll always have a place in my heart. I enjoyed the storyline and was really interested in it, the gameplay was challenging at times, but I got through it well enough. Still haven't beat Seph, though. =p

The second one. I found the gameplay to be much easier than the first, with the addition of the forms and the triangle button and all that. And just in general, it was easier. I actually managed to beat Seph in this one. KHII was also when the storyline started getting all convoluted and twisty. After I played through it, I still loved the series, but I was starting to look at it like, "Oh, this is going to get really complicated really fast, and I'm not sure if I can keep my straight face." My favorite part was when Sora cried after finding Riku. I almost lost my shit. After that, it was too easy for me to tease.

Uh...Re:COM, the card system to a bit to master, but once I did, I didn't mind it at all. 358/2 Days was immensely enjoyable, especially the multiplayer. I love playing as Saix and Axel. And the different weapon forms for all of them is awesome too. BBS was also really good. I especially like how it has a theatre feature, so you can go back and watch all the cutscenes, because you will need it by the end of the game. Re:Coded, I'm still playing. I haven't finished it as I got distracted by Assassin's Creed, but I'm getting back to it now. So far it's fun. It has a weird kind of multiplayer that I haven't actually gotten to try out yet, because I don't know anyone else who has it, lol.

Anyhow. At this point, I'm literally ass over head confused as to the storyline and who's really who. I need to go through and do a lot of reading to straighten things out. I guess that's my only real complaint about the series, that the storyline is getting increasingly more confusing, and it seems like each new installment just brings up more questions without answering the pre-existing ones.

Everything else, I pretty much just make fun of. I can do a pretty good reenactment of the entire first game, haha. Pretty sarcastic, but accurate. xD

But I still love Kingdom Hearts. I think it'll always be my number one fandom, with Final Fantasy coming in a close second. Sephiroth is like, my ultimate idol, so I'm always happy to see him in the game. Someone I really love and super super super want to see in EVERY single KH game forthcoming is Vanitas, and there is one huge reason why I love him: he's sarcastic. He has a biting tongue and I love it. Yeah, sure, he's darkness embodied, but somebody's gotta make the snarky comments around here.

Anyhow. As you can see, I'm always up for a KH discussion, so we should definitely keep this thread going. :D

• 1 year later...

Looks like I'm playing devil's advocate, here.

I have tried, a few times, to get into playing KH games. It never works.

In addition to making FF characters look more Disney, they went so far as to change the names of some of the main FF characters! I talk to people who dabble in different fandoms, or mix FF and KH fandoms, about Squall from FFVIII, and not even halfway through the conversation, they start calling him Leon! Uh, hello, kindly do some research. By date of copyright, the character's actual name is Squall Leonhart. (Hey. FF fan, here.)

As if the names and looks weren't enough, Square-Enix even went so far as to let the personalities get changed. Not for all the characters, granted, but enough to rub me the wrong way.

From the perspective of someone who has a longstanding adoration of many FF characters, KH warped them to the point of being barely recognizable. Don't get me wrong, in places I feel that they warped Disney characters, too--but if you ever watch some of the older Disney cartoons, particularly Mickey Mouse, there are some episodes where the characters take on different personas. So the change doesn't bother me so much with the Disney characters, if that makes sense.

KH, to me, is like fan fiction. It's just that there is so much OoC behavior and looks that don't fit the original, I honestly cannot keep my head in the story. The differences are a constant aggravation that forcibly evicts my mind from the game when I try to play. I've given up on it; KH is obviously not for me.

Edited by Cuzosu

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.