Click Here!

Tarot

Shinju

my experience with Tarot cards has been that they are much like your daily horoscope, all the outcomes can work for every person no matter who you are because they are vague and subjective, but they're pretty fun to do with both yourself and your friends. Just don't take what you find to heart, that's how one of my friends became completely stressed out for an entire year. Then she figured out that she was waiting for the world to drop on her hard at the saying of some card deck that cost her a dollar fifty and quit worrying so much. So, yeah, don't take it too seriously and just have some fun with it. Though, learning seems a bit complicated to me, but I've always sucked at card games.

Much my experience. It can be fun, but not all that dependable for guiding one's life.

The hard part is explaining to people that the Death Card, the Hanged Man and the Devil don't mean what they think they mean.

• 2 months later...

-raises hand- It was always on the list of 'things to do', so a few months ago I picked up a deck and a few books. I remain a novice reader but I can sense the power they hold.

Not otherwordly power, I'm not talking about magic or being psychic. I use them as tools to pry open unturned rocks in my mind, or doors that refuse to open - or that I won't LET myself open. The first thing I say when doing a spread for someone is "Do not ask a question you don't want answered."

For example; one lady asked about what she should do in her situation. She was living with her ex-lover and had a new lover, but wanted to know if the tarot cards would tell her that it would be okay if she slept with both at the same time. You don't need a card with a picture on it to know that's not a good idea, but she was eager to fool herself into thinking it would be OK to do so if the cards suggested a favorable outcome. Often we know what action we should take, we just don't want to face up to it.

So my way of using the tarot is not particularly mystical, but I believe learning how to use it has been one of the best choices of my life.

On the other hand, it can get a bit scary when people want me to read for them. You can tell which ones truly, absolutely believe that 'possible outcome' that the cards suggest is carved in stone as if some divine being were giving them a summary of the future.

My niece has a deck but I've never even seen it. I wish I could read em though... Awesomely cool :D

MY niece also has a deck... I gave them to her for Christmas one year.

She didn't even open them in front of me.

I don't even know if she ever learned how to 'tarot' or not.

Ah, well, I spoil her anyway. That's what we aunts are for.

• 4 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.