Click Here!

BashfulScribe's Written Works

BashfulScribe

It could go either way if we're dealing with hypotheticals. I mean sure in the short term he'll be upset but I could make the case for his parents looking at that as him being upset over not smoking anymore or some stupid crap along those lines. I'd like to think Nicole was looking at the long-term when she made that call. I don't normally raise points over my own story because I prefer to tell it in the story itself, but remember that this isn't the first time Nicole made a rash decision that has a lot of implications, just because she figured it was her responsibility alone to make the call.

Also I've been trying to make it a new year, a new me. I'm writing for these stories every Sunday and trying to contribute to my Twitter at least once a day so people can stop hounding me about how it's 'pointless.' Is there any preference for me to keep contributing to these forums with what I'm up to as well? I can do that if need be. I sure will be using this forum to shamelessly promote the crap out of myself if I end up contributing to something else that has tangible form or gets posted to the internet.

I don't like to suggest where story lines should go, that's up to the author. However, I have often played along with others in guessing, even though I realize that it may be counter-productive, in that if we actually do guess what the author has in mind, they may be less likely to do the story that way for fear of being seen as doing it the way the crowd wanted.

What I do like to do is look at the past of the story, seeing how I as a reader have interpreted what's been written so far. What i wrote above is definitely how I would feel, and after reading this story for over a year I do think that's quite a reasonable reaction for Adam. I noticed the descriptions of the sex that bashful wrote into this last chapter. It was though Adam was never as physically close to Nicole as he was at that moment, and then she took it away. I know she meant well and it's likely the right call for their long term relationship - but I expect it to be damn hard for Adam to stifle his rejection and hurt to the extent that his parents won't notice that something's dreadfully wrong.

But hey, even us grown adults struggle to make the right call.

• 1 month later...

Hey all! Bittersweet update.

I've been fairly silent for the past little while because my writing tablet has been fighting a battle to keep its screen working that it just lost a few days ago. The stuff I thought I transferred didn't transfer successfully so it took me a fair amount of time to transfer and it was all for naught. I don't like abandoning my writing and trying again when I know what I have so far is correct so I'm gonna dedicate at maximum another week to getting my content back. If I do within the week, I *promise* I'll update within February. If not, I'll slip back into my normal sad unproductive self and go back to my 'the next update will happen when it happens' mode.

Bashful, I was wondering where you were we the story. I hope your are able to get the tablet to recover your data. I really look forward to reading your next chapter. I want Adam to continue his relationship sexually and not let it be over. They seem good for each other.

Side note - I really hope Samsung tablets are good. I picked mine up for cheap after seeing the cheapest possible iPad was $450. Sadly I'm no longer the starry-eyed Apple fanboy I once was.

Root it and put Cyanogenmod on it and they're pretty great. I had a second gen galaxy tab for a few years and it served me well. Just upgraded about a year ago.

Thanks for the tip, Guest N!

I know more of you would prefer an update for Being More Social, but whatever - The Good, the Bad and the Molly Chapter 4 was released today. I hope you all enjoy and if you don't, you know where to find me so you can yell death threats at me.

• 3 months later...
Guest Guest!

Great! I do not post a lot here but been reading BMS a few times, since the "blue site".

great read as usual my friend! The only downside is the delay, which will be shorter this time :D

Absolutely! The wait will be shorter for the next chapter.

**Don't hold me to this**, but I want Being More Social, the entire story, to be done for the end of summer. I'm taking less work hours to try to make it happen.

I did! I'm just waiting to get to an opportune moment where I can dedicate my time to wholly responding to you. In advance I'll say thank you and you're awesome, but I'll leave the version without brevity to the email.

I did! I'm just waiting to get to an opportune moment where I can dedicate my time to wholly responding to you. In advance I'll say thank you and you're awesome, but I'll leave the version without brevity to the email.

I'm flattered! Now I'll have to reread it to remember what I said.

Y'know what? Fuck it. I normally don't like forums, but this is where I'm gonna stick updates from here on in because Twitter's 140 character limit is stupid.

Because I was on a roll and because as Jashley agrees with me, the ending to BMS chapter 14 seems like a cop-out high school sex story ending, I went straight into writing chapter 15 of BMS. Which is fine, seeing as it is incredibly more popular than GBM. I'm about halfway through it as we speak.

And I want to freaking finish it considering I have, and this is no hyperbole, dozens of other story ideas and I realize if I keep gonig at my current pace I'll literally never get to write them.

It's raining right now. It's really pretty outside.

That's all I have to report for now.

I thought chapter 14 was turning a corner in the Adam/Nicole relationship, but not that it was over yet.

Sex was all they had as Nicole would let herself admit to being involved emotionally. She didn't want to go there. Adam wanted more than just friendship (doubting that would last) and started to purse Nicole romantically and her wall started to show some cracks as she warmed to his advances.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.