Click Here!

Guest StarrCrystal

Guest StarrCrystal

I forgot my password so I tried to change my password. But every time I type in my new password and hit submit, it says something about a system error. I haven't been on for a while because of family issues. I even took down a few short stories I've written. Can someone help me please?

Okay, it appears that you did register under the new archive code we've been rolling out in stages. The issue you're having could be caused by a few things, so let's take this one at a time.

We had a domain name change. If there are any old cookies lingering in your browser, it could be giving you problems. So, log out of AFF, clear your browser cache and history, close the browser entirely, and then restart your browser. You should be able to reset your password and log in.

When you log in, you need to use the upper right fields only, not the center fields. You also need to use the email with which you created the account, and your password is case sensitive, so if you use a capital letter anywhere when making the password, you always have to use that capital letter.

Lastly, passwords need to be at least 8 letters or numbers long, with no special characters allowed. If you're using special characters, or if you haven't made the password long enough, it will be rejected. You also can't reset the password to the same password. If you try, it blanks the field, and you have to reset again. What you can do is reset the password to something else entirely, and then reset it again to your favored old password if it's long enough and doesn't have special characters.

Let us know if you're still having issues once you've tried these solutions. :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.