Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

I believe that Jack should refuse the offer and have a serious discussion with them as to why he disagrees with it.
You had already written that Jack is not actively looking for sex, that it is just a nice benifit to the relationship.
Also I'm pretty sure (I could be wrong here) that he also mentioned that even though he is ok with his siblings going at it, he would not go in to the practice of incest himself.
Ultimately the choice is up to you Joe, and I'm sure that the readers will enjoy the next chapter no matter what decision is made.

Guest Gen3ral

Look at why he is supposed to be "Making Love" to Tara. And, yes that is what Kayla is asking him to do even if she does not use those words. Reread why he is to do this. She wants to be with someone who loves her. To women this really does boil down to wants her if sex is involved. Women's number one fear is abandonment and this is what every guy has done to Tara. No where in the story does it say she has been abused in bed, i.e. beaten or raped or even rough sex, only in the relationships. Most guys who are abuse women the way the story indicates she has been are excelent lovers that is why women like them.

In most circumstances you could throw it back on your girl friend but not in this one. The moment he tries it invalidades what he is being asked to do. From Tara's point of view he would be saying, "I do not want you. I would however FUCK you for my girl friend."

But the players at play here all know deep down that Jack loves Tara as a sister. Looking back at a few stories, Tara and Kayla have been talking for a while now and may have been planning a little something for Jack.

As long as Jack says to Kayla something along the lines of "You have to promise me you're OK with this". I still don't think he'd do it without a clear conscience. Or at least as clear as it can be in Jack world.

Guest icezebra

: As much as I enjoyed the second part of the chapter, it was the first part that stopped me in my tracks. Because the author has exactly characterized the emotional tumult of a person caught into this type of a tragedy. A long time ago in a far away Southeast Asian "resort", I experienced the same emotional rollercoaster when my best friend died saving us from a hand grenade that a 10 yr. old boy threw into our jeep. I was blown through a shack, woke up 5 days later in a hospital in Japan, and have virtually no memory or recall of the incident, except his scream. Jashley, either you have encountered this yourself, or you have been advised by someone who has been through this him/herself, because you aptly describe the initial and follow up guilt and pressure. This chapter brought back some very painful memories, but was done very well and realistically. Congrats.

Guest wolf7700

Jack should say yes, he and Tara both want this. Also Kayla is okay with it, it would spice up Kayla and jacks love life a little bit

Not so sure if Kayla wants this or not I mean remember how she took it when she find out bout them kissing and stuff. Have to just wait to see when chapter 21 comes out hoping that it soon!

Hey everyone :)

WOW! The turnout of ideas from the end of Chapter 20 has been incredible! And not just for the number of opinions both on here and in my private messages, but for the content. You've all provided very good, very strong reasoning for both sides of the issue. I think I've come to a decision on what's going to happen in Chapter 21 but I reserve the right to alter it as needed should I see an extra compelling reason in the opposite direction.

What did I decide to do? Well, that would be telling ;)

In answer to what some have pointed out and asked me about...yes, I did go through a bit of what Jack does in Chapter 20 after a good friend of mine killed himself. I saw him literally less an hour before he died and it's always kind of haunted me. I didn't actually see it happen, of course, but it hit me like a sledgehammer. For Jack, I had to sit down and honestly delve deep into those feelings I had and try to imagine what it would have been like had I seen my friend kill himself. That's partly why this chapter took a bit longer; writing those parts took a toll on me and I would occasionally have to leave the computer for a while just because it was difficult to go back there.

SO, dour note aside, thank you so much for the feedback and, by all means, keep it coming. I will do my usual updates with the progress of Chapter 21 and I plan on doing at least one more 'readers poll' somewhere down the line :)

Guest Desired Exit

It really shouldn't happen - it could easily screw a lot of things up! I absolutely freaked out, as did my friend... We don't want anything to happen to our dear couple :(

Guest Jwatson

Don't do it! Kayla and Jack are the main storyline. Right after kayla saying she couldn't get the image out if her head and after Jack being in a dark place , it isn't really the best timing. However I do think a threesome should happen eventually, just not now

Too much going on inside the characters.

wow what a nice discussion,so many nice opinions but my 2 cents,he is a teenager after all and a caring one, saying No will hurt Tara badly,and jack's character will be unreal if he says No, and as many think if he says Yes,i am sure jashly you will write down it nicely :)

dont let Amanda find about it though coz she will be davested that why she is not good enough for him ,but i am afraid previuosly in some chapter some one was watching from jack's house,so it can be seen whats going on in kyla's room if curtains are apart.

or may be Jashly will shock us again when Amanda finds out :)

oooooooooooooooo i love this so much

your old and die hard fan Delta 4

Huge fan of yours and the Guy Donnelly series, show me a girl who doesn't like a hero and I'll show you a liar. Haha, I'm one of the lucky readers who found your series when you started and this has been a long journey im not ready to end yet so I am super excited for what you're going to write next.

As for the Jack/Tara thing we're talking about here, I don't think he should. From how I perceive Jack, he's going to feel ambushed. He is still fresh from the Coach's suicide and Kayla saying that it's okay isn't right. I think she feels sorry for Tara. I think that Kayla is saying she's okay with it now but I don't think that she's going to stay okay if he goes through with it.

Now I said, I don't think he should but, I'm just a fan, and while I see Jack and Kayla as the golden couple, I remember that they're only 16 and have YEARS of dumb mistakes before we can reLly expect them to make smart rational decisions, that being said, I am so rooting for them to make smart rational decisions!

Anyways, Joe, I'm a huge fan and I sincerely can't wait to see where we go from here! :)

Rasura

there are a lot things that he should go for it

1: as we see right in moments of utmost joy with kyla, the horrable memory of that event came,so there must be a new pleasent and strong memory to fade away that evnt,that memory can be his time spent with his 2 most love one girls

2: this is Tara saga,and she needs to feel happy too,that is other question what will be the relationship when they move in the neighbourhod, but we all think that there is some other attarction going on B/W Tara and Kyla and so it wont hurt the relationship in end

3. Jack is a teenager,plz dont make him so perfect as some readers have complaing all through the series

4: Jack did fantacise about Tara some times and other girls too,that is so normal for a teen and its a boy's fantasy to want a threesome ..

5: all through series a lot of readers wanted a threesome and if Jack misses this opportunity than those fans will be heart broken..

Guest Dark lust

Love it keep it up

If it don't hurt their relationship with Kayla than let jack do Tara it might make their relationship stronger a good 3 way or girl on girl be good cause they are teenagers and their hormones are flying like to see some parents action in here to keep it up man this is great work

So, I see a few questions out in the field, so I figure I'll address them really quick.

First off, I would love to have a set release schedule but, at this point, I'm not sure that's entirely feasible. My job takes up most of my day and requires me to get to bed fairly early so, during weekdays, I only have a short amount of time to write. I can promise that I will continue to give updates but that's about all I can promise.

Second, something that I've wanted to address for a little bit but I figure would be a good time now, I've noticed a lot of people wondering why Jack is so perfect and 'vanilla'. It's a perfectly valid opinion if you think this and I would never be so arrogant as to say someone's interpretation of my work is incorrect, but I would ask this question: is Jack really perfect? Another very important question...who is telling the story? Am I telling the story or is Jack telling the story, from his point of view? I've had a lot of people send me messages, telling me that they can see that Jack is nowhere near perfect, it's just how he sees and justifies his actions that makes him seem perfect. Now, do you have to have this view as well? Absolutely not. Like I said, you interpret it as you will. But take a step out of Jack's head and look at what he does from an outsider's perspective, who doesn't know Jack. Is he a white knight, pure of heart, or is he more along the lines of, say, a control freak who needs everything just so?

I've heard a lot of different theories and interpretations and they're all very fun.

I've also had a surprising number of people ask me who I would cast in the roles were this story made into a movie. I would certainly love to see the cast that other people come up with but here are the actors I see in the roles, as they are now:

Jack- Kodi Smit-Mcphee

Kayla- Emma Watson

Amanda- Chloe Grace Moretz

Alan- Asa Butterfield

Joe- Frankie Muniz (later Malcolm in the Middle years)

Craig- Jackie Gleeson

Brad- Evan Peters

Belle- Rachel Hurd-Wood

Becca- Sophie Turner

Tara- Emma Roberts

Unfortunately, I don't have many ideas for the adults but I'd love to hear what other people think. I've gotten a couple pages into Chapter 21 so I better get back :)

Jack's Dad: Bryan Cranston (more malcolm references)

Jack's Mom: Lena Hedly (Since mom's pretty no-nonsense)

Kayla's Folks: Brendan Gleeson (From the 90's) and.... maybe Naomi Watts??

Also: Emma Watson.. giggity

Edited by jc1138

Hey Joe I know you've made a decision, but I was just gonna put It out there that you SHOULDNT get them into a threesome, but you should also write an alternate chapter, say a 'what if' of te threesome and it happening.

Or maybe even Jack having a dream about it

Either way, I'm looking forward to it

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.