Click Here!

Tag problems

Luxurien

Hello,

I'm pretty new to this but my problem was not fixed in the FAQ, so I hope this is the right place to ask for help.

This is a problem I'm having in the Archives for my story "The Building of Iah" in the "Naruto Fanfiction" subdomain. I submitted it from a mobile device and was unable to choose multiple tags, I ended up deciding to come edit these tags later. However, when i tried to change them from a PC later I was unable to edit them! My story is now hidden for "improper tags" and I was told to fix the problem - but I wasn't able to figure out how :(. Any advice?

Another problem I'm having is all of my stories take place in an alternative universe but still involve the canon characters (for example, a modern AU). However, I cannot tag characters either. Am I doing something wrong? How do I fix this?

Hi,

We have two ways that you can add tags to a story.

The first is to add them into the Summary Field. You can edit this field from your Control Panel. Select Control Panel, and go to the subdomain where your story resides. Click "Edit" under that subdomain, and you are taken to a new page. There are two dropdown fields. The first allows you to select the story title, and the second is where you choose what you need to do. In this case, it would be "Edit Details." The next page you are taken to shows you the fields again, much like when you published the story initially. There is one difference, however. We no longer have the tag dropdown available, so those tags need to be input manually. Use the arrow keys or other directional navigation to move to the very end of the Summary Field line. You will need to actually type in the tags, which is why we do specify those when we contact you about missing tags. The field also has a limitation at this time of 240 characters. If your tags won't fit, the second method may work better for you.

The second method is to add the tags at the top of the first chapter. We recommend that you add a line called "Additional Warnings" or something to catch readers' eyes. Then you can type in the tags there. Once again, you use the Control Panel to access the story, but this time you want to "Edit Chapter." Choose the first chapter, and you can make changes in the Rich Text Editor window. This method might be the best for you in light of your question about characters. We don't have formal character tags, but if an author wants to include those, they most often do a separate disclaimer at the top of the first chapter. By using the second method, you could type in both the story tags and the character tags.

I'm sorry the e-mail wasn't helpful enough. We do include links to the appropriate FAQs, in this case to: http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/index.php/topic/10218-how-do-i-edit-story-codes-disclaimer-or-other-story-properties/ The FAQs do list the steps to make the corrections, and even if a story has been hidden, the author of the story can ALWAYS access it via the Control Panel. It would be silly of us to hide the story and make it inaccessible, after all. I did see that you had tagged your other stories properly, and we'll get this sorted. If you're having problems making the fixes, please let me know, and we'll work through it together.

Thanks! :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.