Click Here!

Can't seem to sign in to new systome

Guest AngelicChaos

Guest AngelicChaos

I have an old account that I haven't used in a long time. I have tried to sign in on this old account many times but have never received any e-mails or even when I try to sign in, it doesn't send me to where I need to Validating Your Archive Registration area. I have cleaned my cache and cookies off my computer, so I don't think that is what the problem is. Can you please help me figerout what I did, or am doing wrong so I can get back into my account?

Thanks,

AngelicChaos

Have you checked your Spam or Junk folders for our emails? There's often an issue with AFF mail being redirected to those folders.

However, as far as I can tell, your account doesn't need validation. It has not been accessed since the day you created it, however. So, with that in mind:

Are you using the correct email as your login?

Are you using the boxes in the upper right hand corner to log in?

Are you typing in your password correctly? This is case sensitive, so if you used capital letters anywhere, you will need to use them every time in those places.

If the answer to all those questions is yes, I need you to list the steps that you are taking, so I can see where this is going wrong. Be as detailed as possible.

Thanks! :D

Edited by BronxWench

Guest AngelicChaos

The answer to all those questions is yes.

I know I am using the right email account, for it is the same email I use for everything else. I have had it since I started using the internet, many, many years ago.

Every time I have tried to access the account I have looked for the email stating how to validate my account to the new system, I have looked in not only my inbox, but also junk and spam folders, nothing have ever shown up in any of my email.

I am pretty-sure that I am using the right password. But when that one doesn't work, I have tired all the other passwords I have, old and new, trying to access the account, none of them seem to work if that is the problem. And I have yet to figure out how to change my password on this new system for I can't seem to get the web site to even say I have any account to change the password on.

Now for what steps I am tacking, I am not sure what you mean, but I will do my best to tell you want I am doing to try and access my account.

Frist off, after I have open a new window on my browser, I click my booked mark saved Link to AFF.

From there I scroll through the tabs and find "Members Tools" and click on "Long In" which tacks me to a page with two different long in methods for what I can see. There is a "Loge In", in the upper right hand corner, as well as one in the middle of the page. I have tried both. Before I listed the post today, I tried the "Loge In" in the middle of the screen, which seem to tack me to the exact same page I stated at, when I put in my info to access the account.

After I seen this post reply, I want back through the same steps to, what I call the "Loge In" page. I tried accessing the account by signing in, in the upper right hand corner "Loge In". I put in both my email and password. When all it did was tack me back to the same "Loge In" page I started from, I tried every other password I could think of. None of them work, and every time I used a different password, it took me back to the same "Loge In" page I started from. It never saying anything, about wrong email or password. I just keep being taken me back to the same "Loge In" page, over and over again.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong and how to fix it.

Thanks!

AngelicChaos

You don't need to validate your account to the new code. You opened the account after that process had begun, and therefore the validation process won't work for you.

You don't need to use the Member Tools tab to log in. From the home screen of the archive, http://www.adult-fanfiction.org/html-index.php, you will see, in the upper right corner, a pair of fields for your email and password. That's where and how you log in. Please do not attempt to change the password there.

If you need to change the password, you can use this FAQ, which has the link to reset the password: http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/index.php/topic/29620-how-to-reset-your-password/

I'm showing your account as this: http://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1296908771 The last activity was 2012-03-23 16:19:15, which appears to be when you created the account. I show no stories posted under this account name. Is that all correct?

No, I do not believe that is the correct account. If I remember correctly my screen name / pin name was "Angelic Chaos". I remember when I made the account that there was already someone with the name AngelicChaos so I had to put a space in the name to make my own account.

As for the account being made after the new code was put up, that is not correct. My account was made way before the new code was put up. It was early 2000's if I remember correctly. I am not sure of what year exactly, but I am thinking sometime in 2005, but again I am not sure. I just know the account was made before 2012.

My account is under the email "AngelicChaos81@yahoo.com". If that helps any. I am not sure what to do from here. I have tried the link you gave me to long in on, and I still can't seem to sign in. Do I just need to make a new account and leave this as a lost cause, and if so can I use the same email for the new account, or do I need a new email as well?

Thanks,

AngelicChaos

That email is not returning an account. However, I was able to find an account with the pen name of Angelic_Chaos: http://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1296785009 That account is indeed inactive, and does need to validate.

The issue is that the account was not created under the email address you've given me. You do need to use and have access to the original email address used to make the account, and that is where the issue lies. I will send you a PM with the email address I have on record, since I prefer not to disclose email addresses on a public venue like this.

If you no longer have access to that email address, let me know, and we can proceed by updating that email address for you. Once we've done that, the validation process will work.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.