Click Here!

Magusfang's Corner

magusfang

I would say roughly about two hundred. Remember they attacked the prison, the castle, the vacatan, the ranch was attacked and the house was also.

When the house was attacked, it took the bots a while to clean up, and he estimated over 100 on just that little run in. The numbers from when the ranch was attacked would probably be similar in count. The orphanage was well over 50. Vatican the casualties were less, but, only because of where they went into it, not as many people in the inner sanctum,count that at about 20. The castle was up there in count, I'd guesstimate 100ish (not counting the kids they couldn't save). The prison was mostly a massacre where they didn't save as many, maybe another 100. The gang fight after the twins stood up for eachother was over 20 for sure, probably closer to 50. The little ambush on the caravan from the house probably cost the ghost ops 100. Just going on rough guesses, Max and crew have killed just in GITG would be between 500 and 700. Granted, Magus wasn't very specific on body counts when telling the story, so this is just what I would guess.

I actually like that you're not super specific, it gives us the chance to use our imagination. When you tell us "massive casualties" to some it could mean a dozen, to other's it would be like nuking a football stadium during the super bowl. It's all in our perception.

I'm personally just glad to see you back up and running, and hopefully coming up with some very Amyesque twists and turns.

For me, I see the "big general" as one of the typical idiots that don't actually do the work, but, will gladly take credit for success, and pass off blame when it all goes very south. I would have guessed that after the house and ranch attacks, that Max would have seriously upgraded the defenses, using things similar to the Sea Whiz guided with lazer instead of radar, and made them more of an anti personnel type, hell, throw a couple old Howitzers on the grounds. Not a full on compound like a military base could be, but definitely some form of first line defense to whittle the assholes down by a few hundred before they made it to the house.

I actually like that you're not super specific, it gives us the chance to use our imagination. When you tell us "massive casualties" to some it could mean a dozen, to other's it would be like nuking a football stadium during the super bowl. It's all in our perception.

I'm personally just glad to see you back up and running, and hopefully coming up with some very Amyesque twists and turns.

For me, I see the "big general" as one of the typical idiots that don't actually do the work, but, will gladly take credit for success, and pass off blame when it all goes very south. I would have guessed that after the house and ranch attacks, that Max would have seriously upgraded the defenses, using things similar to the Sea Whiz guided with lazer instead of radar, and made them more of an anti personnel type, hell, throw a couple old Howitzers on the grounds. Not a full on compound like a military base could be, but definitely some form of first line defense to whittle the assholes down by a few hundred before they made it to the house.

Remember, he has an autonomous army that is comprised of basically walking howitzers. He just keeps them out of site until they're needed.

you guys are really bloodthirsty people.. talking and counting murders and deaths.. :lol:

We're only as bloodthirsty as the author lets us be. Luckily, he's almost as bad as we are.

I would love to see the "invasion team" find the cave having a little party with the spiders that happen to still be stored in there.

Waterproof stealth spiders that can attatch themselves to the sub, causing a minor implosion at 500 feet under the water.... the only survivor it the asshole leader and he's gently placed in a pod and gets treated so good by Max and Co. that Mr. Wu wouldn't have lasted 30 seconds.

Guest Guest

Well its good to see that there are a few new chapters. Like many I was beginning to wonder. Nice that you are up and running net wise.

As always what I say is just my simple opinion, no offense intended to any. All three chapters were good, but have a feeling there is something missing. Unfortunately I can not say what it is that is missing, I just wasn't as drawn into these chapters as I have been with others. I was starting to adlib my own scenarios on the off chance there were no more chapters. I so hate when a series just ends. better to make one up than to just be stuck at the middle.

Yes unfortunately there comes a time when even a main charter must be removed to make the story move along. However despite everything max is still a kid, extremely intelligent and dangerous but still a kid. true loss of that magnitude may result in his mind snapping he doesn't deal well with loss when its not so permanent, meaning no hope at all that they will be back. Not a good thing considering that he has an arsenal that most governments drool for. Each of those characters have a part in keeping him grounded, even in the heights of battle he always relied on them to keep him from going to far over the line. take away those anchors and max may end up doing the harm to his family that he so readily seeks to prevent.

I have to disagree with other that have posted about the development of the secondary characters. It would be a short book if every chapter was dealing with the main characters and the problems at hand. there are always secondary developments to keep the story flowing. It could be a secondary charter that eventually saves the day so to say. So don't knock the secondary charters. I will admit I didn't quite follow the last chapter with the intro to the druggie parents. A bit out of the blue with no build up. With Joanne it was a little easier, considering her mind set it is a plausible situation for her to be in. Nice touch on her biting off the one mans sizable junk, though must have been some sharp teeth in there. :jaws:

see a lot of complaining in the postings about story lines. But judging by other postings here, it wouldn't matter what you were to write. they would all be here waiting for the next fix of Max and his nearly all female army. As will I end of my two cents if its worth even that much. :2tubs::drool2:

I thought the same thing, 4, 5, and 6 seemed to be missing something and I'll be damned if I know what I did wrong...sigh. maybe the rest oll be good for me...

Well, I just went back and started to read chapter 4 and I think they are about perfect.

I "think" what we all are feeling is the "calm before the storm" effect of Magusfang's writing! That calmer slow build up to the shock, awe and horror of what war and battle really are.

Just as the ocean on the beach recedes right before the next wave comes in. Just sayin'.

I just can't make up my mind if I'm ready for the next wave to come in but, the suspense of waiting for the next chapter is really murder!!!! ROFL :behead::bat::hitthefan::worship:

We're only as bloodthirsty as the author lets us be. Luckily, he's almost as bad as we are.

I would love to see the "invasion team" find the cave having a little party with the spiders that happen to still be stored in there.

Waterproof stealth spiders that can attatch themselves to the sub, causing a minor implosion at 500 feet under the water.... the only survivor it the asshole leader and he's gently placed in a pod and gets treated so good by Max and Co. that Mr. Wu wouldn't have lasted 30 seconds.

I don't like the idea of stealth spiders blowing up the sub. Remember that most, if not all, of the spiders are now awake and Max and Alice hate causing one of their children to die.

the only thank I would have different is the scene in Max's mind when he was separating from Nada (forgive me if I mixed up the girls). There could have been a whole lot done and in the end could have changed there personality in some way. this is just my opinion and I still can't wait for the next chapter.

P.S. we are bloodthirsty and crazy.

the only thank I would have different is the scene in Max's mind when he was separating from Nada (forgive me if I mixed up the girls). There could have been a whole lot done and in the end could have changed there personality in some way. this is just my opinion and I still can't wait for the next chapter.

P.S. we are bloodthirsty and crazy.

hmmm, we really don't know what hppened to them, no real stressers yet...

what happens when say a seaborne attack occurs? :o

hmmm, we really don't know what hppened to them, no real stressers yet...

what happens when say a seaborne attack occurs? :o

Maybe some seismic activity and all of a sudden a whole lot of shark activity as they come to clean up the remains from the High Explosives used to quell the attack. After all "clipart-nuclear-explosion-546a.pngThere is no problem that cannot be solved by the judicious use of High Explosives!

The other attacks have been dealt with "conventionally".

B

Dammit Magus, this isn't Game of Thrones or Walking Dead. You don't HAVE to kill off the good guys. I come here because I get enough of sad and "real world" shit as it is. :(

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.