Click Here!

How can I follow up a story's update?

Guest gem4816

Guest gem4816

hey,

hey,
I'm kind of new here, and I was wondering if I can follow up a story's update?
I mean how can I know when it's updated and a new chapter is out?
also, how can I know if the story is completed and there will be no more chapters of it?
thanks in advance,
gem

Right now, we're midstream in a code rewrite, so what we recommend is that you add the story you want to follow to the Currently Reading or Recommended Reading sections of your archive profile. You can also check the author's profile and see if they do a mailing list notification, which some of our authors do. I'm not a coder, so I can't say for sure what form it will take, but I do believe we'll have a way for readers to get updates when the rewrite is completed.

As far as telling if a story is complete, that will depend on the author. Most will post an epilogue, or add an author's note at the end of the final chapter to let readers know it's finished. We do have a "Complete" tag, but it's not mandatory that authors use that tag. Some do, and others don't want to go back in and edit the story details to add that tag.

• 3 months later...
Guest Crimson13

I'd like to ask how can I add stories to Currently Reading or Recommended Reading, I login but I don't see any options on the story page I'm reading except Review, Discuss, Report, and Rate.

Crimson:

Please read here for how to manage the currently reading section.

http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/index.php/topic/29617-how-to-use-the-new-manage-readingcurrent-reading/

Happy adding!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.