Click Here!

Having Trouble Posting A Story

Quazie89

Hi! I've been having some trouble posting a story. I posted a story on the archive here awhile back. I saved it as a Plain Text Document and I had it open with WordPad, and it didn't show the wall of text. The thing is, I tried posting another story the same way, and it keeps on showing the wall of text, no matter what type of document I save it as. I have tried everything. I need some help. I would very much appreciate it. Thanks!

Edited by Quazie89

If you're using Microsoft Word, you should use the Paste from Word option in the Rich Text Editor. This will preserve all the formatting in your document, which will NOT happen if you paste as plain text. This FAQ explains it nicely.

I have tried using the Text Area but the editor doesn't show up. It just shows First Chapter at the top of the page, which is blank, and Preview Story at the bottom. When I click on the Preview Story Button, it says please provide a first chapter, but I can't because the editor doesn't appear. I've noticed it doesn;t show up on any of the other sites I visit on my computer, either, so I'm thinking it might be a setting on it but I do not know which one could be causing it. I don't think I've changed any of them,

If you're using Internet Explorer, that may be the issue. Internet Explorer is the only browser that seems to have issues with the Rich Text Editor, although I did think it had been corrected in the most recent incarnation, IE11.

If you're using Internet Explorer, try this: How to Work Around Internet Explorer's "Quirk" Mode

Thanks for the help, guys! I might start with Chrome, since I already have Google set as my homepage and I use it a lot. I did try to hit the F12 button, though, and when it came up, the Document Mode had two standards. It was already set on the Internet Explorer 8 Standards (page Default), but then it also had an Internet Explorer 7 Standards. Which one should I choose if I done it that way?

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you! Using the IE7 Standerd worked! The Editor shows up now but when I copy and past my Document from WordPad, it still shows up as a wall of text, even if I add a extra space to the paragraph. Is there something else I should do?

Word pad? I'll have to experiment, but try and c/p not as plain text, but from the clipboard. If that doesn't work, choose paste from word. Word pad is an enhanced plain text editor, so anything you have formatted in to it generally doesn't copy over right in rich text editors.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.