Click Here!

Review Box

LisaT2525

Hey Demon,

How are you?

Well, my review box used to be a rectangle, large enough to fit at least ten lines or more. Now it's the same rectangle, but it can only fit one line. I do hit enter and it brings me to another line, but I can't see the previous words I wrote. It's a pain in the neck.

I've been dealing with it but if there's anything I can do to get it back to the larger box that would be great. =)

You can "stretch" the text box for reviews by moving your cursor to the lower right corner, where you'll see some little diagonal lines. Hold down the left mouse button and drag the text window down to make it bigger.

No, I tried that. That was the first thing I tried, but there is no diagonal line; there is only a vertical line and it doesn't move. I'm so frustrated. I even tried going into the box, right clicking to see if I could change the size, but that wasn't even an option.

Hm. I just tried it myself, and I have the diagonal lines, at the lower right corner of the blank review window. I'm going to assume that you tried the usual log out and back in again, clearing cache and cookies first trick, which often resets these sorts of things.

The only other suggestion I have is less practical, but you can actually write a review in your word processing software, and copy and paste it into that text box. That way you can see what you're writing.

Nope, didn't work, Bronx. I logged out of this forum page and logged out of the main page, x'd out of AFF, and deleted the cookies and temporary internet files. Then I went back into AFF but didn't log in. I clicked on any story and went to review it, but I was still logged in. How could that be? It had my name and email address.

Anyway, I went into the review box, to the bottom right and there is still just the vertical line, no diagonal lines. Maybe I have to restart the computer since I cleared the cookies?

The reason the archive showed your name and address is that is what is does for unlogged reviewers. If you were logged in, it only shows your pen name, and no email address.

If it's the browser making the text box small, I'm not quite sure how to fix that, other than looking into the browser settings. I use Chrome myself, and although I'm familiar with Firefox, I've never used MSN as a browser.

You still have to physically log out of the Archive?

I did only b/c I thought it would help. I logged out of the forum thread page also, but when I came back in to log in, it never logged me out! Now that I think about it, why do you need to log into both places? Why can't you just log into one place?

The reason the archive showed your name and address is that is what is does for unlogged reviewers. If you were logged in, it only shows your pen name, and no email address.

If it's the browser making the text box small, I'm not quite sure how to fix that, other than looking into the browser settings. I use Chrome myself, and although I'm familiar with Firefox, I've never used MSN as a browser.

I'm really computer stupid. I did know enough to check my settings on AFF, but there wasn't any that said 'review box' lol. In the MSN settings I would have no idea where to look for something like this. It's just frustrating b/c I use MSN for everything else, and to have to switch back and forth between MSN and Firefox, or Chrome, or IE, whatever, is a pain in the neck. But maybe it's still better than the stupid small review box. lol

Ok, MSN wouldn't let me copy and paste this so I tried Firefox. My review box in Firefox is normal, ut when I copied and pasted it, coincidentally, it turned out like my review box on MSN - small. See the scroll arrows to the right? They don't appear on a regular sized review box. When I tried to resize the review box in Firefox it worked, but it doesn't on MSN. There are no diagonal arrows to click on to make the box larger.

But if you can see on here, the review box is only half an inch, not the normal one and a half inches I used to.

Ok, never mind. I tried to post this, but a box came up that said I couldn't post the image into the community. So now you can't even see what I'm talking about. :(

Okay, screens of a few different browsers and their review boxes

You'll also notice that where I'm logged in, you see my pen name and email address. This is normal. Once the review is submitted, ONLY the pen name is displayed. For unlogged in reviewing, you see input boxes for your pen name and email. Whatever is input in to those boxes is displayed with the submitted review

Chrome

post-5266-0-86187500-1389574828_thumb.jpg

Firefox

post-5266-0-79042600-1389574830_thumb.jpg

Internet Explorer

post-5266-0-56820500-1389574832_thumb.jpg

Maxthon - (yes, I can resize the text box)

post-5266-0-10987500-1389574834_thumb.jpg

opera

post-5266-0-59918600-1389574835_thumb.jpg

safari

post-5266-0-20047700-1389574837_thumb.jpg

Which browser of these is what you're referring to as MSN?

Lol, the Maxthon review box may be resizeable, but the MSN one isn't. It's just frustrating b/c one day everything is fine and the box is its normal size, and the next day it shrunk to half an inch. It's just MSN, all the other browsers the review box is normal size. I just don't know what happened in MSN and how to get it back.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.