Click Here!

Having trouble adding chapter

Guest OverMaster

Guest OverMaster

I don't know exactly where to take this, but every time I try adding a new chapter to one of my old stories, after I click on the Preview button, the next screen just deletes everything I've written, so I can't post anything. Please someone help me!

I'm having trouble updating my fic. I go to my control panel, scroll down the left panel and select "Celebrity Fiction" but the fic doesn't show up at all to be edited, instead it takes me to a page that says this:

Get more out of your adult-fanfiction.org experience at our Forum! Be the first to get the scoop on AFF news! Register for our Forum and you'll be automatically subscribed to our site-wide mailing list. Take advantage of everything else a Forum can give you -- speak directly with Staff and your fellow adult-fanfiction.org Members.

Some handy links are just below, although some of them won't work unless you register for the Forum first.

I'm using Firefox (stopped using Internet Explorer when my computer was hacked) and I've tried logging out, logging back in and going back to "My Control Panel" and using the guide or whatever it is on the left side of the screen. I tried using Internet Explorer last night, and it was the same result. It takes me to the Control panel page, but I was unable to edit my fic.

Edited by Maggot13

Okay.

Try this then.

Clear your site cookies, *.adult-fanfiction.org

Clear your cache

Clear your active logins

Close the browser and restart it

THEN, login using the boxes located at the upper right corner. If you don't use those boxes, you won't be able to access your story options.

I have done all of that. Last night and this morning, but I still can't access my fic to edit it. I've cleared the cookies, cleared the caches, closed the broswer, restarted/reopened it, logged back in and I still can't access the fic. It doesn't even show up that I have a fic in Celebrity Fiction when I go to my control panel, but when I look up my pen name or my fic, it shows up that it is a posted story. The last time I updated it was back in January of this year, but I don't think that would have anything to do with me being able to edit or add new chapters to the story.

• 4 months later...

When you say unable to edit, please describe for me exactly what you see. Better yet, take a screen shot. I see three stories attached to your profile. This is one of those times where I actually need to see what's happening for you, because everything I told you to do should work. If done as instructed, you should be able to edit your stories.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.