Click Here!

Trying to "search" for a story

Guest RyokoChan

Guest RyokoChan

This site has been giving me problems for a while. I go to the members options and click on the search so I can search for a story. I put in what I remember about the story, choose the story description, ad click search. It keeps telling me no such story exists. Then I put in the certain characters and search under authors titlle description and it gives me the same answer. It's usually under the ANIME SECTION AND I know that these stories exsist, so what's the deal?

There could be a few reasons for this to happen, and it's not clear from your description which reason might be the one.

The main reason might be that you have not validated your archive profile under the new archive code. I'd suggest that you clear your cache and cookies as described here, and then validate under the new code. Follow the steps EXACTLY as laid out. You will need to use the email account that you used to make the archive profile. You will get an email with a validation link sent to that address, so that is important.

It might also be that you are using search terms of three letters or less. Those do not work, unless you enclose them in quotation marks.

I am going to assume you are in the Anime archive when you are attempting to search. Each subdomain is a separate database, so you need to be in the subdomain you want to search.

Search is not restricted to where a user must be activated and/or logged in to use it, within the archive.

The biggest issue with search not working is searching the incorrect subdomain. As Bronx pointed out, if you're searching for anime based stories, you must be in the anime archive for it to work. Each archive has its own set of tables.

When searching, if you use a search term of 3 characters or less, it will not work. If searching summaries and one forgets to select summary as part of the search criteria, you will not be successful.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.