Click Here!

Unable to Add A new Story-Not using IE

Guest WishingOnWishes

Guest WishingOnWishes

Hey! I checked a bunch of other posts and didn't see this as the same problem. I cleared my cache/cookies/history etc. and even tried both Chrome and Mozilla, but I still have trouble uploading a new story. I'm new! Just made my account today, but I'm pretty used to the site because my good friend is a regular(ish) author here. I've helped him login and update a few times and I am used to the newer login. So I am super stumped.

This is what happens:

Method Not Implemented

POST to /userpanel.php not supported.

In both Mozilla and Chrome. Never had this before! Not sure what is going on...Just wanted to know if it was something I was doing wrong? or a glitch. I did see you're expecting server changes on the News page, so I was wondering if maybe that had something to do with it?

Thanks for the help! Sorry for the bother, and I hope this wasn't addressed and I missed it! :) Thanks! Pheebs

Guest WishingOnWishes

I made the post! I just wanted to add that I can do the whole title/summary/etc. page just fine, it's only when I go to hit preview that it happens. When I used the .txt upload I could preview but had same problem when I hit post. Sorry I forgot to add that!

I just tested and was unable to duplicate the error.

When selecting .txt upload, are you using a .txt file? If not, then it won't work. That's the only file type allowed for actual upload.

Unless you know html and have formatted your text document so that it has text containers, I would NOT use that feature. Select text area, and use the rich text editor instead.

Guest WishingOnWishes

Yep, I am using a .txt file-well I only did that so I could try and see if it worked. And it does upload to the site- I can preview the text on the page. It's only when I click Post it that it does that. It does also do it in the text editor. It's bizarre. I thought maybe it was just you know a bad night? or something but I tried again today and it's the same.

It is just a huge white page that says this....

Method Not Implemented

POST to /userpanel.php not supported.

The Tab for the Website says: 501 Method Not Impplemented

This is my url when it does: http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/userpanel.php?add

And when I hit the back page it brings me back to the Title/Summary/etc. page.

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I've never had this happen before. I tried Moz and Chrome again today. I also tried a different category(planning on deleting it right away if it did work) thinking that it was just Originals that wasn't working, but the same thing happened. I verified my account and logged in, everything is working okay. Just wondering if I'm crazy.

Again, I was unable to duplicate the issue. I've tried in several subdomains now and am still not getting that issue.

Have you cleared your cache? More importantly, after clearing cache, have you closed and restarted the browser? You can clear cache all day long, but if you don't close and restart the browser, it means nothing. Some browsers even require a reset of the computer.

Hey thanks so much for responding so fast! So I gave my login info to my buddy and he uploaded it from his computer a few minutes ago and it worked just fine for him! And I logged in right after and can edit it and add stories now. I'm not sure what it was about! But thankfully it's over now! Thanks so much for helping! I really appreciated it! The best tech support ever! Much love! <3

Guest rammygrrl

I tried to add a story after joining the other day. I tried twice. I got no error message, but nothing happened. I went through the whole beginning part of filling in all the fields, pasted the text into the text box and did the captcha, hit the button to preview, and .... nothing. Just got the same page but with empty fields....so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Hi, rammygirl.

Did you complete the recaptcha correctly? It does blank the fields if you input it wrong. If you have trouble reading it, you can use the refresh key to try for a better image. That's what this sounds like, in any event.

Hi, rammygirl.

Did you complete the recaptcha correctly? It does blank the fields if you input it wrong. If you have trouble reading it, you can use the refresh key to try for a better image. That's what this sounds like, in any event.

I thought I did it correctly both times. It is impossible to tell if you do it wrong until you hit the button, and then if it turns out it *wasn't* right, you've lost all the stuff you just input, which is *extremely* annoying. I don't want to keep trying if I have to do that captcha thing again and again and not know that I didn't get it right until it fails. It's too frustrating. I think that once you are a registered member, you shouldn't have to "prove you're a human" over and over again.

Thanks for answering. I don't know if this site is right for me.

Have you tried the audio recaptcha? I know we've had users who prefer that.

Sadly, if we remove the recaptcha, our archive gets inundated with spambots, and we simply can't keep up with them. Even as staff, I need to use the recaptcha many times daily, so I do understand the frustration, but the alternative is much, much worse.

Edited by BronxWench

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.