Click Here!

unable to login

Guest Kataangfanficer

Guest Kataangfanficer

I tried logging in for the first time since the big change, and nothing I do works. I've cleared everything that needs to be cleared, and I even tried using three different browsers. Two of which didn't have anything stored for this site to begin with.

It's getting really frustrating, and I want to know what I'm doing wrong.

Hi, Kataangfanficer,

Sorry this is frustrating you. Let's see if we can help.

First off, what OS and browsers are you using?

There should be no fundamental difference in logging in on the new domain. You use the login boxes in the upper right corner, and passwords are case sensitive, like before. If you can be more specific about where the errors occur, and exactly what happens, we can be a little better at pinpointing the issue and helping to resolve it.

Thanks!

Guest Kataangfanficer

Thanks for replying so quickly.

I'm using Windows 7 and Chrome. I tried it on Firefox and Internet Explorer 10 too.

When I put in my login information in the top right and click login or press enter, nothing happens. The email and password spaces just become blank. And when I try to login screen under the members sections, I get this:

If you have not updated to the new members system, please click here and it will walk you through the update process.

If you have not received your activation e-mail after updating your account please click here.

As a reminder, before starting any of this process, you MUST clear your cache and cookies. If you don't, this won't work. Finally, the log in screen is only for activating and registering in the new system due to a known issue. If you have already activated, please use the log in box in the upper right corner. Once you've activated and/or registered, please logout, then log back in, using the boxes at the upper right corner of the browser window.

I put in my information at the bottom and try to login, and then I get this:

If you have not updated to the new members system, please click here and it will walk you through the update process.

If you have not received your activation e-mail after updating your account please click here.

As a reminder, before starting any of this process, you MUST clear your cache and cookies. If you don't, this won't work. Finally, the log in screen is only for activating and registering in the new system due to a known issue. If you have already activated, please use the log in box in the upper right corner. Once you've activated and/or registered, please logout, then log back in, using the boxes at the upper right corner of the browser window.

You are not registered, please register to log in

I've tried doing the steps in the links, but at this point I guess I'm just lost. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do or what I'm doing wrong.

If this is your profile then I'm showing that you've already validated under the new system.

It's important to note that the password is case sensitive, so you'll need to be sure if you typed PassWorD initially, that you type it that way again.

If you tried to reset the password and it was reset to the same thing it was before, it would have blanked the password in the DB. You would need to change it again in that case.

You're getting the error messages you've pasted because you're using the center login, which you shouldn't do. Those are only for validation of new members, which you've already done.

Please reference this screen, and use the login only in the upper right:

loginbox_zpscb27a1d6.png

Make sure when you click login that you're clicking the one up at the right, not the one in the middle of the screen.

• 4 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.