Click Here!

Trying to access my original account

Guest Allison R

Guest Allison R

I thought my original account had been deactivated but I just received a review for a story I posted on that account. Since it's still active I'd like to start using That account again, but I can't remember the password and can't seem to get a reset request sent.

The pen name for the account is sadisticmuse and the email attatched is (removed). My current email is (removed).

Hi,

The first question is whether or not you still have access to the original account. If you do, you can activate the account and update your email address via the Control Panel in your user profile.

If not, we'll add you to the queue to have your email address updated in the database, and you'll be notified when that's done.

If yes, this is what we recommend to activate the account:

Clear your cache and cookies using these directions. This removes any old cookies and allows the proper ones to be set.

Follow these steps to activate the account. Be sure to follow them exactly, and remember that passwords now must be 8 letters and/or numbers long, and are case sensitive.

A last thing to note is the center login field glitch. I recommend logging out and logging in again using the upper right hand fields. There is also the IE 10 workaround for uploading stories using the text box.

I hope this helps! :)

Regardless, since you did create a new account, I'll put them in the merge queue with a note that you want to keep the aleigh75 gmail address. I will also state that the evil.muse address is not the one registered to the sadisticmuse account. It's the one showing on the profile, but it's not the one it was registered under.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.