Click Here!

Ghost's Sight

BronxWench

I'm going to indulge in a little shameless self promotion here. My novella, Ghost's Sight, is being released today on Torquere Press, and I wanted to share that bit of good news, along with a link:

Ghost's Sight by Morwen Navarre

There's an excerpt there, but for anyone too shy to venture over, I'll post it here as well:

"Ghost," Gerry said, his voice slurring from the effects of the tea. "Is there anyone for you? Someone special?"

Once again, Ghost felt his heart do that thing, skipping a beat before jumping hard. He swallowed around the thickness in his throat. "No one, not ever," he admitted, his voice just a whisper. He took the now empty cup from Gerry's hand, almost jerking away when Gerry's fingers wrapped around his fingers and the cup. The calloused skin brushed over his. Ghost stared, wordless, before raising his gaze to Gerry's face. "I should let you rest," he mumbled, his cheeks feeling hot.

"No, please," Gerry said, his voice thick with impending sleep. "Help me get this tunic off, and then stay with me. Just -- I don't want to be alone tonight."

Ghost nodded, his fingers trembling a little as he undid the lacing at the throat of Gerry's supple leather tunic. He helped Gerry to pull it off, a thin singlet underneath. Gerry sighed, laying back. Ghost put the tunic on the bench against the wall, taking the two quick steps that would carry him back to the side of the bed. Gerry had shifted over, making a place for Ghost, and Ghost looked at the hunter for a moment, hesitant.

"Just to sleep," Gerry mumbled.

The apprentice nodded again, toeing off his boots and peeling off the knitted tunic, letting it drop to the floor. He climbed into the bed, into the space next to Gerry, feeling the heat of the man's body through the thin fabric of the singlet. Ghost was bare-chested, his nipples tightening in the cool air. He shivered a little as Gerry pulled him closer, dragging the blanket up over them both, Gerry’s strong arm dropping over Ghost.

"G'night," Gerry mumbled as his breathing evened out and his eyes closed.

Ghost waited, not wanting to move, just breathing in the scent of this man. He felt the roughness of Gerry's stubble against his skin as he dared to nuzzle his face into Gerry's shoulder. He thought his heart would do that ridiculous skipping thing again, but it beat steadily. It was not until his own eyes were closing that Ghost realized that his heart was beating in time with Gerry's heart.

Did I whet your appetite? Good! Ghost and Gerry would love it if you wanted to read more! :D

Congratulations, Bronx.

I am so happy for your success in getting your baby into print. It is a very satisfying step for you I'll bet. :) May you have many more successes as you continue your journey as a published author.

Congratulations, Bronx.

I am so happy for your success in getting your baby into print. It is a very satisfying step for you I'll bet. :) May you have many more successes as you continue your journey as a published author.

Thank you! It's an amazing feeling, and I'm hoping to publish again soon. My editor thinks it needs a sequel... :D

Thank you! It's an amazing feeling, and I'm hoping to publish again soon. My editor thinks it needs a sequel... :D

A: A most positive sign if there is already a sequel getting requested. It can be nerve wracking when a sequel is requested, but I am sure you will get it written, and it will prove a lovely companion for your first published novel. Have fun with it, and enjoy pounding out that rough draft. :)

Nice one, well done! Now if only I had the will and talent to write something of any length worth publishing. I hope it does well for you. :)

You have the talent and then some, my friend! The brilliant thing about being a writer is that there's no age limits on us. It's fine to bloom early or late, the latter being my case. Not to mention that it helps to have PW encouraging you! :D

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.