Click Here!

A question pertaining to speeches in a chapter.

So I'm currently working on updating one of my stories

http://games.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600085904

(Long time coming I know.) But as it is a wow fanfic, and is as I'm writing this, I'm dealing with a major event that occurs in the cannon lore of WoW and wondering something. Is it ok to quote the speeches given by some of the character's in World of Warcraft, when its in the context of my story? I don't want to get ANYONE in trouble with possible violations or plagerism. Its why I ask this BEFORE I post it, and also it should be noted I will be giving links for the wowpedia pages that I am quoting the speeches from.

Some help with this would be nice, I can't think of where else to ask this, so I'm sorry if it doesn't belong here. :blush:

I wanted to ask this before I post the next chapter, so I could rework things if need be.

Regards and thank you very much :D

-Sutsutonukaira

Rather than linking the Wikipedia pages, since these are speeches from the game canon, you can cite those quoted speeches in a footnote.

Our FAQ on this topic, with examples, is here.

Rather than linking the Wikipedia pages, since these are speeches from the game canon, you can cite those quoted speeches in a footnote.

Our FAQ on this topic, with examples, is here.

:o thank you so much :D And I never thought of that. I feel like a scatter brain now. Thank you muchly BronxWench ^^ /deepbow

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.