Click Here!

Lyrics Citation Questions

Raymy

I read the FAQ on citing lyrics and still have a question. My story specifically states that there is a song set being played and includes the Title and Song Artist when I mention the song in a paragraph. The few words from the song that I quote are referenced in the paragraph as being from the song that I had cited with Title and Artist. Do I really need footnotes at this point? Or more than Title and Artist? Album? I do have a screen capture of this, so can I show the playlist as a table in A/N for easy reference for readers? This doesn't need a disclaimer, too, does it?

Can I add an offsite link, to say Youtube, of the playlist set in the A/N or on my profile? I'm expecting a "no" but thought I'd ask.

Here's an excerpt of how I cited:

Just as Grimmjow was reeling from the shock and thrill of being taken violently, “Psycho Circus” by KISS blared into their ears. He laughed maniacally, indulging in the perversity and pain. It was exactly his kinda kink.

Gin had snuck into the lab, undiscovered by the scientist’s surveillance system, concealed himself in a nook, and played audience to the rest of the performance. Hey, the song said, “Welcome to the show!”

I would consider that example a fair citation, and allow it. Of course, if you used the song again in another chapter, it would need citing again.

As far as the links, while I'll defer to the admins on a final call, I would advise that those links be confined to a review reply thread or similar venue, and the same for playlists.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.