Click Here!

Tomb Raider: Fat Man Chronicles, review and discussion thread.

MorbidFantasy

Thoughts on Chapter 38:

Yo, HunterOpera, I'm taking moar leaphs from your Jam, smut-bro!

Readers of Hunter's work both here on AFF as well as over at Hentaifoundry will recognize elements from his "The Bergman Affair" metroid fic as well as his "Masque Hawk" fic, which is one featuring the female version of Hawkeye, Kate Bishop. Excellent work on both of those UNFINISHED PIECES HUNTER YOU LAZY S.O.B GIT BACK HERE.

Ok now onto plans for FMC.

OH WAIT first a plug for the remake of wierdmeijin's "Fifth's Long Week" that I've been contemplating since back in 2013. Here's the thread link to that particular discussion: http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/index.php/topic/60190-wierdmeijins-the-fifths-long-week-searchremake/

Now, here's more on what is happening with the stone:

Since I've already spoiled most of it, basically the stone is picking up more parts of itself from each of the chambers by amplifying Hanson's lust, then having Lara unwillingly harvest that lust. The time dilation and lack of physical evidence afterwards might seem like an ez way out for both of them, but actually hints at something even more sinister happening. In fact, eventually, I will reveal actual connections with the stone to the TR canon that will further integrate it with the idea of supernatural forces as depicted in Legend, Underworld, and the Reboot.

And here's a statement to disappoint the diligent poster who suggested (quite excellently) that the stone may in fact be falling in love with Lara:

It isn't.

That's the short version. The longer winded version is that I've finally figured out the stone's end goal, and it's a balance between the previous "Everest in charge" and "stone is mastermind" options. The stone's end goal does not necessarily limit how Lara can handle things, and in fact does not even fully rely on her to collect all of itself. The stone has a grand plan, and Lara is only the currently shown tool of that plan.

The end of FMC has also been moved up due to developments with the stone. In fact the arc in peru will most likely be the longest arc out of any of the bosses. For the rest of the bosses I'm limiting myself to a maximum of three chapters, while some may even be shorter or even cut and assimilated.

Guest Guest

Disapointed? Not at all. I was only attempting to understand your mind set.

One question then.

You have decided to have one player (Everst) seemingly immune to the stones involuntary ability to protect itself from being willfully persued ?(rember that?) isn't that a new, huge, gaping, plot chasm?

Guest Guest

By the way. Please excuse the way I put my question regarding Everest. I came off as a real asshole. Please accept my sincere appology. I was not intending to be so crass.

Sorry.

By the way. Please excuse the way I put my question regarding Everest. I came off as a real asshole. Please accept my sincere appology. I was not intending to be so crass.

Sorry.

Oh I didn't take it as offensive. It's a legit concern.

It's not really that big of a problem though as originally I had already planned an ending where memory erasure wasn't a part of the solution. So regardless of Everest being immune to the stone or not, he'll get what's coming to him.

Guest Guest

WTF? You just lost me dude. That last chapter made no sense. Hanson just went all openly violent offender on her without knowing if she'd remeber? Makes no sense. Also, why not ma...

Forget it.

Guest Guest

I'm sorry, but this is too repetitious. All these guys go Gordo, and now this old flame is just going to delve out what I just read? Shit gets old.

WTF? You just lost me dude. That last chapter made no sense. Hanson just went all openly violent offender on her without knowing if she'd remeber? Makes no sense. Also, why not ma...

Forget it.

*sigh* did you read my post about the stone? Also maybe pick up on the maybe too subtle hints that I've dropped throughout the last 3 chapters?

I'm deliberately writing some of these chapters without my normal level of observer omniscience. What you're seeing is a biased narrative through the lens of someone's eyes. It's called having an unreliable narrator, and the entire point is for the reader to try to discover the real narrative.

That being said, your response basically confirms that my choice is working, although maybe too well.

The next chapter will feature both Lara and Hanson's perspectives as well as some 3rd person omniscient format, which hopefully will address your grievances with the updates.

I assume you're also responsible for the latest review, to which I can only give you a sad face and hope I can convince you that I've made the right choices further down the line.

Edited by MorbidFantasy

Guest Guest

Content is the issue. The same thing (breaking/taming/brutalizing) over and over again. I get it, it's your thing, and others as well, but not all expressions of lust are violent. I know you're going to amp it up for the next chapter. Been there done that. And the next after that.

I won't tell you not to. But if you do, just reread this as my reaction... it will be like my experience.

You have great talent, but there is a reason deathstalker got 5 stars for 'breaking and entering' and 3 at best for the rest; can you guess what that is?

Guest sherlock

Chill dudes. I think I get it. This stone is building her rage by letting her remeber Hanson's raping her, letting her be weak, and having him be as big a violent prick as It needs to bring her to the motherload of that emotion by having him restrain her, or whatever. Hanson's dead as it is, and it will fit the last piece to her with her killing him.

We shall see.

Guest Guest

So yeah, she isn't killing him. He's just being violently abusive (a requirement not needed in chapter 37) because...

Help me out here Morbid.

Just more pointless, over the top bullshit. Right?

Nothing new.

My previous point in my comment made.

Hanson's still alive when she's with Vasili. He survives.

No assholes ever die in this thing.

Not true. McGee died lol, and I've already written the death scenes for several characters, some of which may or may not be coming up very soon (kinda hard to not spoil it by giving more detail)

So yeah, she isn't killing him. He's just being violently abusive (a requirement not needed in chapter 37) because...

Help me out here Morbid.

Just more pointless, over the top bullshit. Right?

Nothing new.

My previous point in my comment made.

No, the abuse is 80% because of the stone, 20% because of Hanson's inner id. I recently saw Kingsman and took fancy with the scene in the church where a special signal sent through compromised cell phones drove everyone in the church mad, resulting in an all out death brawl. Everyone has the primal potential for violence ingrained into them. All it takes is the removal of all inhibition and the amplification of the fear/fight response.

Well, come on, publish. Just add duct tape, a tasser, and lube to chapter 38, and press enter.

The suspence is killing me

Man, haven't used duct tape in like... forever. That shit is too low tech for fmc these days.

Sad thing is I'm not far off.

Hmmm, true, you're not far off in anticipating that my upcoming chapters will probably have more non con sex, bondage, and mild torture (anything short of permanent disfigurement is mild), and domination/submission. Apparently, that's my *thing*, as you so astutely deduced.

I've already locked in the general plot for the next couple of chapters, but I'll take your rape-weariness into consideration.

On the other hand, if you're tired of my writing period and can imagine better scenarios and scenes than me, you are of course welcome to post your own Tomb Raider fic. Plenty of others have (most of them with just as good if not better writing chops as me).

Guest Guest

Thank you for responding. I don't like being a prick, but the 10,000 slaps thing was just seemingly so pointless, and the idea she needed to resist was needless to me. I loved 37. I still jiz to it. The follow up was... over the top..

I should trust you see this, and have cause - my bad.

Guest boohooohoo YEAH!

Too into this perhapse my man 'guest' is. I for 1 find it (ready grammar obersturmfeuher?) fapulicious! Now, it is true Hanson would make a lousy dairy farmer- waisting all that fine Crofterized moo juice - but making them big, bouncing beauties jiggle, and shake wildly while fucking her? FAAAAP!Hells yeah!!!!!!! Sorry I haven't written (if you can call this writting) but YOU suck at updating... till recently. Glad your back.

FAP!

Guest Guest

Great smut. One problem.

Your stating she rembers the previous chamberafter they douse the lights.

You seem to forget she recalls the previous day in the first chamber, and how she was controlled. Her behavior is irrational, and out of character in chapter 38. As a reasoning woman who vividly recalled the previous days sex fueled escape, she wouldn't hesitate to comply, get him off, assuming he was once more being controled against his will. Her fighting at all? Not likely.

Great smut. One problem.

Your stating she rembers the previous chamberafter they douse the lights.

You seem to forget she recalls the previous day in the first chamber, and how she was controlled. Her behavior is irrational, and out of character in chapter 38. As a reasoning woman who vividly recalled the previous days sex fueled escape, she wouldn't hesitate to comply, get him off, assuming he was once more being controled against his will. Her fighting at all? Not likely.

Since I'm not quite done with the next chapters I'll save the speculation.

Lara wanted to fight back the first day too, but the stone was immobilizing her and robbing her of movement.

The second day, Lara has gained a little resistance, and Hanson has lost strength.

The stone and its fragments are aware of this, and they're very aware of the limitations of their power at this point in the story.

I'm working on a chapter that basically sums up the stone's origins, and will explain things in more detail, while also giving major spoilers into the main story.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.