Click Here!

Disclaimer rights

Guest TakaRei

Guest TakaRei

I've been given two reviews about my disclaimers about my story, but now I have no idea what the disclaimer should be. I fixed one problem and now I got another and my story is hidden. I don't know what it should be about, can someone help me with this?

Thank you in advance and I hope I posted this in the right place.

The story in question is See me, Feel me, Remember me

Hi,

Let's see if we can clear this up for you.

This is your disclaimer as it currently stands:

Disclaimer: I do not own any character from Naruto, it all belongs to Kishimoto Masashi. I am not making any money from this fanfction. I also don't own anything related to Dragon Ball, which is mentioned in the fan-fiction as a fandom.

The problem is that you have only said that you don't own the characters of Naruto, and that's not enough. You need to say that you don't own the fandom of Naruto. You did that with Dragon Ball Z by not limiting yourself to just characters, but not with Naruto.

We have a FAQ for what we need in a disclaimer, and it even has examples. To make this easy, let me offer an example that would work for this case, and you can feel free to copy it and use it:

I do not own Naruto or Dragon Ball Z and I am not making any money from this fanfiction.

Once you've corrected the disclaimer, we can make the story visible again. You can still access your story, even when it's hidden, by using the Control Panel from your Archive Profile. Let us know when it's been corrected, and we can check and restore the story for you.

I hope this helps!

Guest TakaRei

Thank you for your reply. I have changed the disclaimer:

"I do not own Naruto, it all belongs to Kishimoto Masashi. I am not making any money from this fanfction. I also don't own anything related to Dragon Ball, which is mentioned in the fan-fiction as a fandom."

I hope it works well now. :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Bad-Kitty

I have fixed the disclaimers for one story the ONLY story that I have posted. This is the second time that I have had to post it and I keep getting warnings EVERY time. I don't know what the problem is, but I have made the recommended changes to said disclaimers. And I would be happy to have this tom foolery ceased. http://hp.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600096748 is the story link. I have as far as I know adheared to the rules as they are stated. I make no money, I do not own the Harry Potter characters. They belong to JK Rowling. The only character I own is my OC Kennedi.

SO if you please tell me what I did wrong this time or have Danyealle, AFF Archive Moderator, read these disclaimers again.

Hi there,

The issue is the part I've underlined and made bold

I make no money, I do not own the Harry Potter characters. They belong to JK Rowling. The only character I own is my OC Kennedi. I also don't own anything related to Harry Potter, which is mentioned in the fan-fiction as a fandom.

Looking at it, I can see where you corrected it by ADDING the last line after the warning.

In future, your disclaimer (using your own words) should look more like this:

I make no money, I do not own Harry Potter. It belongs to JK Rowling. The only character I own is my OC Kennedi.

You see how the difference in the wording works? The first one you did is a character disclaim. Now, since the fandom is the same as a character name, you can see where it's made clear in the example as a fandom, simply by changing the words used.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.