Click Here!

Please help me, account and stories gone

Guest Kereliah

Guest Kereliah

My account, forum posts and stories are suddenly gone. Have I done something wrong? Has my account been deleted? I haven't been notified of anything, via e-mail or otherwise. I can't think of anything I've done to warrant this happening, so if someone could please, please either tell me what I did or help me figure out what went wrong, I would really appreciate it.

Guest Kereliah

We don't customarily notify minors when we've deleted them, even once they've turned 18 and we find out after the fact. That's why you were deleted.

I don't understand. I'm not a minor, and I didn't post here when I was. Why is this happening?

Guest Kereliah

What? When? I could have sworn I didn't start posting here until the summer I turned 18. If you're sure that's not the case (and I'm guessing there's no process of appealing or verifying, since my profile is apparently gone and it's the administrators' word against mine), why is it only being addressed now? Nothing that was on my profile was posted before I turned 18, I would stake my life on that. Is there nothing at all I can do about this? If I posted one story a few months before I turned 18 (which I'm still not sure I did), does that mean it's just the end for me on this site? I can never post anything here again as long as I live?

Not at all. It simply means that the profile you created while underage had to go, and the content with the profile. This is for legal reasons, not because we like to do it. This site is labeled EVERYWHERE regarding the age restriction. It honestly doesn't matter how long it may take us to find the users who registered underage, because we are still obligated to do what we do, to protect the site and the people behind the site. With the site being so clearly labeled, the consequences of signing up underage certainly being out in the open, the users who do this and then get caught, really shouldn't be surprised.

Guest Kereliah

Does that mean that, seeing as I'm definitely well past the legal age at this point, I can create a new profile and repost the content that was written and originally posted when I was eighteen or older?

Actually, so you are aware, we carefully document everything prior to removing a user.

We have two categories when it comes to minors on site. Old minors, meaning prior to the active moderation and search that started in 2008, and current minors, users that registered underage after that point. Old minors have their profile modified to reflect a registration date of their 18th birthday and any pre-18 content removed - We do this because we recognize that the site was not properly regulated before that. Current minors, everything goes, no questions asked, no matter if it was posted before or after their 18th birthday. As DG stated, the law is the law - We don't like it, but we have to.

To answer your question though, yes - Now that you are 18, you are welcome to re-register and to re-post. We appreciate your complying with the ToS going forward!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.