Click Here!

Most hated pairing

Orionshadow

That's a pairing better suited for when Yachiru is older. Though really, I see Yachiru with our resident bumbling medic from the 8th. wink.gif

The pairing I hate most? To be honest - Ichi/Ishi or Ichi/Renji. People become so fixated on the yaoi that they overlook everything else. (This is probably why there are more yaoi fics than het and yuri combined in Bleach)

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with you two on Yachiru and Kenpachi. Maybe when she's older but even then I doubt it. He treats her like a daughter and probably would still treat her such as an adult.

I do not like Renji/Ichigo or Ichigo/Ishida. I think they are more friends then lovers.

And Renji/Byakuya they would probably rather fight then go into bed with each other.

Beth

• 5 weeks later...
Guest chocolat

I actually like all the ones that were mentioned except for Ichigo/Ishida. Usually I like the whole "we're rivals but we like each other too" sort of thing, but it just doesn't feel right for them.

I don't like Soi Fon/Yoruichi. The only reason is because I think Soi Fon is a bitch.

Ichigo/Rukia or Ichigo/Orihime. They just seem pretty cliche even with the events that happen during the Arrancar arc.

Unohana with anyone. She's too motherly lol. That's all I can think of, anything else I'd probably try at least once.

Oh! How could I forget these two? Gin/Rangiku and Aizen/Hinamori. I don't like Gin and I hate Hinamori with a firey passion (complete with smoke). I personally would be glad if these pairings died... Ok, that's mean, I can somewhat tollerate them if they are rarely mentioned. Oh, and Hinamori/Hitsugaya. *barf*

I pretty much hate Ichigo/Rukia and almost anyone with Ori. I don't like anything sexual involving Rukia whatsoever, I think she looks like a prepubescent boy and entirely unattractive. I love Bleach but I find the premise of Ichigo going through all the crap to rescue her...a little....contrived.

So yeah, Rukia and anyone=eck. And though I have nothing against Yaoi, I think Bleach is a more heterosexual anime, myself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

'I think Bleach is a more heterosexual anime, myself.'

I agree Turtlehermit. Sometimes though I read some well written yaoi, and there is some really good writers of that type and it's almost convincing.

'And Renji/Byakuya they would probably rather fight then go into bed with each other.'

So true Solaris, so true.

'I'm also not a big fan of Ichigo/Rukia but I think it's just been overdone.'

Well in some respects i agree, Maidenhair, but I don't like the HimexIchi thing either. I much prefer the Tosen Hime pairing you wrote.

'I think Bleach is a more heterosexual anime, myself.'

Well in some respects i agree, Maidenhair, but I don't like the HimexIchi thing either. I much prefer the Tosen Hime pairing you wrote.

I agree completely in your assessment of Bleach as being more hetero. I can see where it would be tempting to look at all these strong, handsome men with a yaoi bend but I don't see it with most of them. A few...yeah, I could be convinced, but the majority scream their heterosexuality loudly.

I haven't read too many HimexIchi pairing fics so I haven't overloaded on them yet but it does seem very predictable to me. Thank you for your kind words regarding my TosenxHime fic. It was an interesting perspective for me. I didn't want to do GrimmjowxHime, which seems VERY popular these days. I also wanted to try Orihime as the aggressor for a change. She's always portrayed as so docile. Anyway...thanks! :angry:

• 1 month later...

How can people hate Ichigo/Rukia???

There wasn't a single one of those on the site last time I checked >_>

And Ichigo/Rukia is holy. People should just watch the first intro and disregard the rest of the show.

You'll like the show better that way and you'll agree with me that Ichigo/Rukia is holy.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BelleKeat

Wow. I'm actually a rather big fan of yaoi and het. I don't like yuri, but that's just simply because it's not my thing, as...obviously yaoi is not the thing of many of the posters here. :P

I dislike ByaRen pairings with a passion. I just don't see it. But, then again, quite a lot of people can decide that a pairing could happen just simply for convenience purposes. Just because Byakuya is Renji's captain does not mean they will hop into bed together, just like Ichigo speaking to some random character that perhaps appears one time and is totally cute does not mean that Ichigo and that boy or girl have a secret love affair going on somewhere behind the scenes. *blink* ^^;

But yeah. ByaRen, IchiIshi, anyone/Yoruichi, Aizen/anyone, Shuuhei/anyone, Ishida/Orihime, ByaIshi, RenIshi, Zaraki/Yachiru, Ichigo/Orihime, Shunsui/Ukitake, Unohana/anyone, Kurosaki-cest, anyone/Hinamori, Ichigo/Rukia, Gin/Ichigo, Gin/Matsumoto, ByaIchi and most yuri. Any pairing involving Shirosaki, Grimmjow, Ichimaru as being violent, and/or sadistic rapists. I'm quite sure there are more to those characters than that. Just because it takes more than a first glance to find it does not mean it isn't there. oo; And anything shota is not my thing either. oo;

Those are all pairings I dislike. :P

I actually disagree that Bleach is more heterosexual (and really whether or not it is would have no bearing on whether or not I would yaoi-up the male characters or not, lolz). But, really there isn't a lot to prove either way. So far the crushes have seemed to be heterosexual in nature, but nobody really seems to have paired off. The most serious relationship I've noticed during the anime is probably when Ishida had that thing for the Bountou woman. I don't feel it would've gone anywhere, though, considering her mentality.

As far as I can see the crushes seem to have to do with unrequited love or between people whom...at least in my opinion...don't even look good together.

A misconception that even a lot of yaoi fans make about homosexual relationships is that one of the two men have to be...girly. This is not true. And if one is, he is not necessarily the uke (bottom).

So...the handsome men running around and acting all macho is not really a good defense against the guys of Bleach not being gay. Quite a lot of men who lead heterosexual lives are actually homosexual, as well, afraid to come out of the closet or afraid of their own sexuality.

But, yeah...*scratch head* my point for that is actually just simply that there is no specific way to "act" heterosexual just as there is no specific way to "act" homosexual. Television and literature is fond of making all, or at least most, gay men so girly they may as well be girls. Or that at least one of the men in a homosexual relationship must be "the girl." Just like there's a tendency to promote lesbians as all being big, butch women who are more guy-like than girl-like. Not to say that all gay men are big, strong, macho superheroes or that all lesbian women are meek little girlies. That isn't so for all gay men or all lesbian women either way. :P Just that how a person acts is not a sign as to whether or not they're gay, straight, bi or into animals. :P Not that I think they are. oo; Wow, I can see that one coming back to bite me in the butt. :(;

But, I'm not saying that acting macho makes Renji gay either. I'm just saying that going by how a person acts or even interacts with others is not a good way of telling whether or not the person is gay or straight. And let's not forget the gray area. Bisexuality.

Ichigo could very easily be crushing on Rukia and at the same time drooling over Renji in the hot springs.

But, yeah. Nobody has to like yaoi just because it's possible one or more guys in any given anime may be gay. Everybody has their own preferences and I'm not trying to push yaoi at anybody that just simply doesn't like it. There's nothing wrong with just simply not liking something. I just simply don't like yuri. :P I'm bisexual and a girl and I don't like reading yuri fics. :P S'just not my thing to read, ya know?

Anyway, yeah, I wasn't trying to step on any toes, just putting in my two cents worth.

Although, yeah...I do feel compelled to mention that it may be a bit...um...overboard? to mention any pairing as holy. oo; But, I mean, if that's your take on it, Zyx, that's totally your prerogative. ^^; Just seemed a little fanatical to me...is all. o.O;;;

Yeah, I'll shut up now. I'm sure I've overstepped my boundaries already. oo; Sorry if I made anybody see red, that was not my intention.

~BelleKeat

• 1 month later...
Guest Beautiful Flaw

I agree about Kenpachi and Yachiru, even when she's much more mature. I see them as a father/daughter combo. He's the type that I could see trying to draw swords with any potential suitor for her.

I'd like Yachiru to be with Byakuya when she's older instead.

Other pairings I don't like... erm... I'm not against any pairing at all, but there are a probably a few that I have no interest in.

Unohana with anyone besides Kenpachi. I find her immensely boring as a character, so I wouldn't be interested in her without seeing that relationship dynamic. I'm not over-keen on Ichigo with Uryuu, because I can't really see it ever happening, but there's no other Uryuu smut, so I read it anyway.

><

• 8 months later...
I hate the sexual pairing of Zaraki and Yachiru.
That's an awesome pairing if it's done properly in character. If it's done OOC where he just rapes her then that's fucking stupid, my guess is that's the kind you've seen. Those two share a strong bond of love and friendship, it'd be the most GENTLE thing you'd ever seen, basically, at least unless Yachiru ramped it up (which she might be capable of, since she's able to CARRY Zaraki. There is sometimes something father/daughterly but other times it could be brother/sister or even husband/wife, it depends on the situation.

Tell me how he runs around following her directions isn't a play on a road trip? I just imagine what sex'd be like, it'd be like "but you said to go this way... and now I'm in the wrong hole" "Ken-chaaaaan!" :)

That's a pairing better suited for when Yachiru is older. Though really, I see Yachiru with our resident bumbling medic from the 8th. wink.gif
Just because she looks like a loli doesn't mean she is one. She's probably older than we are, remember how spirits age slower? They're all mostly centuries old. That medic could not HANDLE Yachiru. He's a total wuss, she would destroy him.
The pairing I hate most? To be honest - Ichi/Ishi or Ichi/Renji. People become so fixated on the yaoi that they overlook everything else. (This is probably why there are more yaoi fics than het and yuri combined in Bleach)
I'm not sure if yaoi/yuri pairings are applicable for the het male/female board. You have to expect that people who like het pairings will be disinclined towards yaoi/yuri pairings. Especially since most of us are heterosexual males we're naturally going to dislike yaoi (I like it a bit since I'm heteroflexible). The reason there are more yaoi fics is probably because women write more fanfics than us. If it were all guys you'd probably see more yuri fanfics.

So, the HET pairing I hate the most? Hmm... probably Aizen with his 2nd because I just hate how he's hurt her so much, and I don't like how people get off on abusive relationships.

Edited by tyciol

I'm going seem unlike a good amount of people here, I'm an Ichihime supporter, so I tend to dislike any pairing with her in it that doesn't involve Ichigo himself. Cliche or not, it feels right, even more so as Rukia treats him more like a friend than anything else anyway, plus, she has Renji.

I'm a heterosexual male and I like yaoi as long as its violent rape. The pairing I hate the most is Ullquiora and Orehime. Ullquoria would never betray Aizen for a worthless human!
Hm, violent rape is okay but consensual yaoi isn't that bad either, though for the aggressive Hollows it's frequntly OOC. Anyway... what if Aizen told Ulqi to fuck Orihime? In that case he'd obey orders :lol: After all, he was given the duty of jailing and pacifying her and stuff. It's really only betraying Aizen if Aizen forbays him to do it. Something tells me that between the two in a yaoi situation, Aizen would be the top, so if Ulqi wants to play top sometimes, Orihime is the bicycle for it.
I'm going seem unlike a good amount of people here, I'm an Ichihime supporter, so I tend to dislike any pairing with her in it that doesn't involve Ichigo himself. Cliche or not, it feels right, even more so as Rukia treats him more like a friend than anything else anyway, plus, she has Renji.
It's certainly what the anime is playing at. I don't hate other pairings, but it's better if it takes their feelings into consideration. Renji and Rukia certainly have great chemistry, but they're also much like friends too. Ichigo has literally thrown Rukia away from himself at Renji though, and that definately symbolized something. Plus, Hueco Mundo is a total flipside of the Soul Society arc. Initially Ichigo left Inoue behind to save Rukia, now he left Rukia behind to save Inoue. In both cases the girl walked away willingly to save Ichigo... lol

Hm, violent rape is okay but consensual yaoi isn't that bad either, though for the aggressive Hollows it's frequntly OOC. Anyway... what if Aizen told Ulqi to fuck Orihime? In that case he'd obey orders :rolleyes: After all, he was given the duty of jailing and pacifying her and stuff. It's really only betraying Aizen if Aizen forbays him to do it. Something tells me that between the two in a yaoi situation, Aizen would be the top, so if Ulqi wants to play top sometimes, Orihime is the bicycle for it.

Well it would be fine in that case, when I think of "pairing" I think of it more in a sense of some love/lust type of deal. If Ulqi raped her that would be fine but massive OOC. But then again, OOC is totally fine in fics. And yeah Ulqi is totally a bottom to Aizen but he's a top to Grimjaw, and since its been revealed he's by far the strongest arrancar in the latest bleach manga issue, he'd be a top to any of the other espada.

• 1 year later...
Guest Morgan Barnett

i dislike with a passion pairing that have Orihime with either the 6th or 4th Espadas(as a 3some or other wise.), all Bleach yaoi pairings, and on another note y not adult Bleach crack pairing like IchixRan or IchixYoruichi? i mean come on have some unhindered fun with the characters not just typical pairings.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't care for the yaoi pairings.I happen to think most of the males and females in Bleach are heterosexual.I don't like the Ichigo/Rukia pairing.It's plain to see that Rukia belongs with Renji and Orihime belongs with Ichigo.And we all know that Toushiro is madly in love with Momo.I happen to like the Rangiku/Gin pairing because there's a deep connection between the two.But,I have to say the pairing I hate the most is Uryuu/Chad.That's just nine million kinds of icky.

Im not a fan of Inuyasha/Sessy pairing. I do love yoai (im a HUGE fan of Gravitation) and some yuri throws me off (kagome/sango or kagome/Kikyo). I dont like bleach..i know there are more pairings i hate but i cant think of any at the moment

• 2 years later...

Im not a fan of Inuyasha/Sessy pairing. I do love yoai (im a HUGE fan of Gravitation) and some yuri throws me off (kagome/sango or kagome/Kikyo). I dont like bleach..i know there are more pairings i hate but i cant think of any at the moment

I know this was a long time ago, but I just had to comment. This thread is in a Bleach forum, so your post doesn't really fit here. Perhaps there is a thread in the fandom you're referring to? If not, you could start one?

I'm not a fan of this type of thread. It's seems like an excuse to bash and even though I know people have preferences, some posts lack respect for other's differing opinions. I mean, the negativity could charge a car battery. I do think the concept is okay, but I'd prefer to post to a thread entitled "Most loved pairing". I'm not inclined to start one, though, so I'll just add my thoughts here. I'm not biased for or against any pairing as long the story can make it believable. It doesn't have to stay within canon, just make sense from a human experience. Well worn pairings can be refreshed if written with originality; same goes for crack pairings. I'm wary of limiting my criteria as I'm not keen on missing a really good read. I've come to like unlikeable characters and open my mind to cliched pairings. That's about as specific as I'll get. Not going to mention my preferences as I don't let them hinder my choices and they evolve as I read more great stories.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a fan of this type of thread. It's seems like an excuse to bash and even though I know people have preferences, some posts lack respect for other's differing opinions. I mean, the negativity could charge a car battery. I do think the concept is okay, but I'd prefer to post to a thread entitled "Most loved pairing". I'm not inclined to start one, though, so I'll just add my thoughts here. I'm not biased for or against any pairing as long the story can make it believable. It doesn't have to stay within canon, just make sense from a human experience. Well worn pairings can be refreshed if written with originality; same goes for crack pairings. I'm wary of limiting my criteria as I'm not keen on missing a really good read. I've come to like unlikeable characters and open my mind to cliched pairings. That's about as specific as I'll get. Not going to mention my preferences as I don't let them hinder my choices and they evolve as I read more great stories.

I agree, though I often have a hard time reading the extremely popular pairings, simply because I like to read material that is well written and (hopefully!) well edited, and it seems to me that the more popular a pairing is, the lower the percentage of well-created stories.

While I may be (am) mostly a yaoi fan, I do read the occasional het...and once or twice I've found yuri I enjoyed, though I don't go looking for it. *shrug* I'm just not as into other girls as I'm into guys. Not that I go for body alone, but in anime and manga, there IS a trend of overly feminine girls. Even Rukia is more girly than I am, and that...doesn't interest me. I am completely uninterested in fluttery, pretty facades and/or giggly morons, no matter if their hearts are in the right places. Nel appeals to me more than Rukia or Orihime. So does Tia, for that matter. Yoruichi's so much like a cat even in her human form that I can't find it in me to dislike her, though I like Urahara more. (And yes, I believe there are yaoi references in Bleach, whether or not they were meant. Why else is Urahara forever stabbing Ichigo with his sword cane/Zanpakuto? ;) )

• 10 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.