Click Here!

I hate people who think they know it all

Wolfie

I don't know if people actually have friends like this. And I use the term friend lightly and find myself using it less and less for this person.

I have had health issues for the past two years on and off. First one in question and for the males, I am sorry.

I was having serious issues with my monthly. Half the time I would skip, months then start and flow pretty heavy. Pregnancy is not an option for me because my tubes have been tied for nine years and counting.

I posted this in my live journal and instantly this friend responded with, Oh it could be cancer. Blah blah blah.

I would have been alright with this except, every time I talked to this "friend", she kept on and on about cancer and tumors and whatnot. It happened to her, the doctors waited to long and yada yada.

When I got to the doctor, it was cysts and not tumors. Nothing major with my periods except for hormonal imbalance.

Now I have something else going on. For the past couple of days I have been coughing and hacking. Sorta feverish, nothing major, except for the coughing. The coughing esculated into a croup like cough on Saturday night. My lungs seized up for about five seconds and then the coughing resumed. Then comes the mucus. Hinting naturally towards broncitus or even pneumonia. Can't sleep due to the coughing, unless I take NyQuil to cut off the coughing.

This is what this "friend" responded with when told.

The last time that happened to me, it was blood poisoning

WTF does coughing have to do with blood poisoning?

It's like everytime I say something about being under the weather, it has happened to her. Actually, she never says something unless I state something is going on with me and then it is something that happened to her. It has gotten to the point to where I don't like talking to her because of this reason. It is like she has to be first in everything.

So now I am hacking and coughing again. I am going to go lay down for a while and see if I can knock this out of me. I don't wanna go to the doctor because of this but it is looking that way.

Does anyone know the symptoms of strep throat? I don't think I have it but still, just to be on the safe side.

Here are the symptoms of strep throat:

Sore throat that comes on rapidly.

Difficulty swallowing.

Headaches.

Fever, sometimes greater than 102° F.

A raw, red appearance to the back of the throat.

White pus on tonsils.

Tender, high lymph nodes in neck.

Rash.

Absence of a cough, stuffy nose, or other upper-respiratory symptoms.

Although by definition strep throat is caused by the Streptococcus pyogenes bacteria, other bacteria can occasionally invade the throat and cause similar symptoms. Other possible bacterial invaders include staphylococcus, neisseria, and Haemophilus influenzae.

Stress, overwork, exhaustion, and fighting off viral infections can weaken the body's defenses and set up attacks of strep throat. And like other throat infections, strep throat also tends to occur during the colder months.

People usually develop strep throat when their immune systems are not functioning at their peak. Because strep is contagious, treatment is critical since these bacteria can be spread to others by coughing or sneezing.

I'm not sure if you have strep or not, Wolfie.

Beth

Thanks for the info Solaris.

I don't even have half those symptoms.

However, my nose is currently running which it wasn't yesterday, I been chasing it all morning.

The cough isn't as bad as before. At least now I can partially breathe. Except for the stopped up nose before it runs.

I think it was just a bad chest cold. It's amazing what a little NyQuil and a crap load of Chest Rub will do for you.

Am now currently waiting on other half to return with soup.

Guest orleans

I hope you will get better soon!! shamrock.gif

I think I know what kind of people you are talking about;

I have a collegue; she's just like that. Whatever is happening, she has already experienced the same. Another collegue is ill, of course she has had the same illness, and so much worse.

Someone has an ache somewhere, oh yes, she's had that too, etc etc.... you can't say anything in her presence because she will always add her opinion whether you want to hear it or not.

The best thing to o, just ignore her and her great advice. Your 'friend' is no doc and only looking for attention (in my opinion).

Wish you the best!!

*cuddles*

Wolfie,

Sorry to hear you are under the weather. I think as some others have said, sometimes people just throw in the "I had that too" maybe they are trying to empathize, or want attention or just care (but in a strange way) ya know?

Either way, I hope you feel better soon!

Funny you should mention that.

I have a nasty case of PCOS, so I do know what the whole irregular period, extra cysts, hormonal imbalance deal is like. They won't let me have any operations for it because I'm "too young". *shrug* I deal with it the best I can.

For the past week, I've been sick. Sore throat, voice wavering worse than a 14-year-old boy, trouble swallowing (soup is my friend!), stuffed nose, hacking cough, earache, migraines... everything but a temperature.

I'm still waiting for the results to see if I have strep. Hopefully not. I have finals going on. I can't afford to be contagious.

Guess we'll just have to ride it out together.

Get well soon you sick people ^-^

As for the friend:

Definitely just trying to nab attention in the form of sympathy or something. Almost like "you feel bad but I've felt worse pity worship love me," which can only be remedied with time on her part.

On the note of people who think they know it all, my mother is the most annoying kind.

She is right. She has to be right, even if you shove evidence of the contrary in her face, she'll ignore it and rant on about how rude you are and how right she is. And that she's a victim. But that's another story.

She gets these wierd ideas and passes them off as truth (if she could). She did it when I was younger a few times, which led to a lot of very humiliating and embarrassing moments when a bunch of people laughed in my face for repeating my mother's "truths."

For example, all languages to her resemble spanish. Doesn't matter if they're germanic or slavic (etc.) in origin. They're all share a smiliarity to spanish.

The umlaut u vowel (ü), originally derives from German and since it's used in Argentina (where she was born) obviously argentine spanish is derived or majorly influenced by german. According to her. =/

And if you tell her she's wrong, she just raises her voice and talks over you about being right.

Edited by RikuDrak