Click Here!

Login issues

Guest Lion

I'm sure you've gotten this a lot in recent months so in a bid to try and save you a repeat of what's already been said, I did try and find out if anyone else has had a similar issue to mine but alas, I didn't see anything that matches my issue.

So my problem is that when I try to log in using the method I've seen recommended in other threads to use the centre box, when I do so I get a message saying that I need to register. I can see my account is still there and perused one of my super old fics so I haven't tried to re-register. I've taken the suggested steps to gain access to my existing account including getting a password reset (which did arrive at the account's attached email address), clearing my cache/history/cookies/etc and closing my browser but so far, I've had no luck. I've not been directed to a screen to validate my details and nor have I received any further emails, (yes, I've checked my junk box, since that was where the password reset email went).

My account page is here: http://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1296780401

The email address seen in the profile is indeed the email address attached to the account, to which the password reset mail was sent.

What do you suggest?

The issue might be a couple of things. I'd suggest reading this to see if you are getting the same results onscreen. If you are not, let us know exactly where in those steps you are getting the failure.

I've tried following those instructions before, but just to be thorough, I did just try again.

After inputting my login details into the fields, and clicking on the 'log in' box, the screen refreshes and where the email and password fields were, there is now a message that simply reads: You are not registered, please register to log in.

I cannot get to the step: Once you log in with your email address and password, it will take you to a page asking you to enter or verify your first and last name, your date of birth and your pen name.

The only thing I can think of, and given how thorough you've been, I'm probably grasping at a straw here, is that the passwords are case sensitive. If you're using the password you got from the reset, I know it's the proper length and doesn't contain invalid characters, so that's not it.

I'm going to ask our tech admin to step in, and hopefully she can assist where I cannot. Thanks for your patience - we will get this fixed for you!

Guest Guest

I did make absolutely sure I didn't have capslock on by accident or typed it so fast that I hit a wrong key somewhere or anything like that. I thought maybe I had capslock on when I put the new password in so I tried it with caps on and off lol. I've tried to make your job a little easier by being as thorough as I can.

I have just had yet another go just to be absolutely certain that there was nothing wrong on my end and reset my password again and tried to log in again and miraculously it worked. I can only surmise that the password I reset it to originally had a mistake in it, and the password I was putting in was the way I intended to spell it to begin with? I have since made it to the page confirming my details so hopefully the problem has been resolved. Now to see if I get the vailidation email...

My problem is a little different. I tried to login, where we are supposed to. It said my login was wrong. I tried to reset my password because I couldn't think of any other password it could be. I even wrote it down! It said it couldn't change the password due to server problems. So then I'm looking around for help and it tells me I'm logged in. I figure while I'm in I'll change my password to be sure it is what I want. There is nowhere to do so that I can find. So now I'm absolutely confused. :errm:

If you've not been around for a while, you need to validate. Here is where it explains what to do

OK, try cleaning the cookies and cache then try again. if that doesn't do it, you'll have to wait for DG to get back cause you're beyond my tech support LOL

Only thing I can think of off the top of my head, is that the password field is case sensitive. Be sure you're capitalizing where you have caps. Also, be sure you're using the correct email address to login with. Aside from that, if it tells you you're already logged in, you should see in the upper right corner "Welcome Back" (provided you're looking here)

Be sure to use the login boxes located at the upper right corner of the browser window as the center login boxes only work for registration and activation at the moment. If you use the center box to login with after that, you can't access your story functions.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.