Click Here!

Think I fixed disclaimer--can someone confirm?

Guest TarnishedArmour

Guest TarnishedArmour

Review id # 3000043408, from BronxWench

Sorry it took so long! Just logged in for the second time today (just read email for the past month...today...)

I got the notice 6-22; hope I'm not too late!

Review stated I needed to disclaim fandom specifically.

I corrected the 2nd sentence to read "...rights to Labyrinth, etc." from "rights to characters, etc." Please verify that this fix is sufficient, and let me know if I need to change anything else.

BronxWench--Thank you for being so nice about telling me--and for the specific fix needed. Made it quick and easy to do! :)

TA

Hi,

Your disclaimer is fine now, and thanks for making the correction. I know sometimes we seem bewilderingly specific with our disclaimers, but it's for the protection of our authors as well as the site itself.

I'm glad I could help! :)

Guest TarnishedArmour

No problem. The requirements can be a bit confusing as stated in the TOS, but I see the difference in what I had and what is up now. It's a simple change, but the difference in meaning is huge.

Actually, I like that 1) the disclaimer is there for the protection of all and 2) that the needed fix was clearly stated so that it was--literally--a one-word change to be in compliance. This is the first ff site I've been to that really, truly, no-bullsh!t, enforces theTOS. It shouldn't be rare, but it is, unfortunately.

So far, I'm enjoying the AFF experience, and, I didn't say it before, but thanks for the work you're doing. It's easy to forget mods do this for love of the game, not for great wealth and the accolades of the adoring masses.

Warm-fuzzies (or whatever floats your boat),

TA

Warm fuzzies work just fine! Thank you!

And I'm also an author on the site myself, as are many of our staff. We really do do this for the love of the game! :D

• 1 month later...

You're lucky they were nice to you. The person who told me to change my disclaimer seemed super pissed off. Lot's of all caps. Someone should tell her(?) that all caps in text mean they are screaming at you. Italics or underlining to emphasize a word would be sufficient; unless of course they really meant to be screaming at me. Yikes!

DemonGoddess061 is super awesome though! She is incredibly friendly and welcoming and returns emails insanely fast! Yep, I love me some DemonGoddess061.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.