Click Here!

The Simplification of Simplify

Guest Heliosion

Guest Heliosion

I am a new member to AFF. I sort of drifted from ff.net after ten years of loyal service to the site during and before the original purge of 2002. I genuinely miss their slacking on their MA not allowed rule. Now I come back here where I began so long ago and I see a site with potential. I guess I've been spoiled but I was hoping that someone might explain why the favourite system is so DAMN HARD. It takes three pages to locate all the necessary details. Its needlessly off putting if you spell just one thing wrong or get the wrong number. Why can't this site be like all the others with a simple click? Add favourite author then bam its added or a tracker where its click and bam its working. If anything it might put off readers eager to showcase their stuff as let's face it internet is fast and easy to use which makes us cyber users pretty damn lazy ^^

Looking forward to reading everyone's thoughts

• 2 weeks later...

Adding a story and/or author at a click to your favorites has not yet been implemented. It will be, but not for a bit yet. With the code undergoing overhaul, it's important that we make sure all the functions WORK first.

Um hi I wasn't sure if I should have asked on this forum or start a new one but since it is related to the favorite stories funtion I hope it was alright adding it here instead of doing another forum that once answered would just seem to take up room.

Anyways I was wondering if some of these new functions you are working on would also be an alert system that sends automatic emails when a story we, the account holders in general, are reading or added to our favorites has been updated. The reason I ask is because I find it hard to keep track of when fanfics I am reading are updated because I don't check the site every day and a lot of time there are surges of updates and I usually just skim the first page.

If not I really hope you consider adding it because it would be extremely helpful and is one of the functions I adored from Fanfiction.net

Edited by Dark Serpent Cat

Right now it's not on the list as we don't have a modification in place that would work to send the emails, but with the new code it may be something we see in the future. However, that's why we have the currently reading section that you can use to mark what you are reading, then just check that page to see what has been updated. There is a notes section so you can put a note to yourself such as "Last chapter read: Ch 3" or something along those lines :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.