Click Here!

New and confused

Guest wicked-whisper

Guest wicked-whisper

I've looked all over, and can't figure out how to upload new stories. I've read the FAQ's and I've checked under member tools for the Author panel, and I don't have one. I'm sure It's something I've missed or overlooked, but I'm not very technical. Also, is there a better place to ask for help, as I'm sure I'll need a lot, and I don't want to bother the staff.

Hi! Let me see if I can help you here.

When you go to your profile in the Archives, you should see a dark brown area in the upper right corner. If you're not logged in, this is where you'll input your email address and password to log in. Once you ARE logged in, you should see some options. The center one is Control Panel.

If you click on that, you will be taken to a page that allows you to do many things. You can edit your profile, manage your recommended reading and favorite authors, and if you scroll down, you'll see all our archives listed on the left side.

Each archive has some options in this view, and the one you want is Add, which will allow you to upload a new story to the archive. Make sure you're using the add button for the correct sub-domain, for example, "Harry Potter." Otherwise, it defaults to Anime, and new misplaced stories are deleted without notice. In future, when you want to add a chapter, or edit your story, you'll return to the Control Panel and use the Edit option.

You can always ask here if you find something confusing, and we'll do our best to help you out.

Guest wicked-whisper

Thanks for the reply,

I think I can follow that. Does this site accept Twilight stories? I thought I saw them, but I can't find the category either in books or movies. I know there are some authors who don't allow fanfiction of their work, but I didn't think Meyer was among those - but maybe she draws the line at adult? Or does this site disallow them?

Also, I thought I was signed in, as it recognizes my pen name, but how can I be sure? Do I need to use my email and password each time? I notice I'm a "guest" here, is there a different account for forums?

Thanks again.

We do accept Twilight stories, in our Books subdomain, here. I'd also recommend reading the FAQ for Disclaimers, since we do require those, unlike some other fan fiction sites.

If the dark brown at the upper right has your archive pen name showing already, then yes, you are already signed in. You only need to log in if the fields for your email and password are showing, even if your browser has autofilled them. The forum is a separate registration, yes, and you can access that registration at the upper right corner of the forum screen.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.