Click Here!

traded..Im pissed

Guest Als

They just deleted the story Traded. I love that story and now I can't even find the author. This was one of the few great stories that was completed.

or, since this is in Originals, they may have downed it to see if they can't get it published.

The author was underage AGAIN at time of posting the story and registration. This would make the fourth time this particular author was deleted for being underage. Granted, she is no longer underage, but the point is, she KNOWINGLY violated one rule we cannot bend in any way, shape, or form. Regardless of what some people might think, there are real people behind the site, who, if we were to not actively go after underagers on an 18 an older site, could go to jail.

Guest CelticThunderFan

I am confused?! If JennMarie is of legal age now, why would you do this? It doesn't make sense. I apologize for being stupid but geeze her stories were great and I will miss them all. It doesn't seem fair.

If "Traded" is the one related to "So Nature Gives Command" by JennMarie, then I'm PISSED TOO! All of her stories are gone and I don't understand why. No more Michael, Caleb or Scott and their Russian Mafia boyfriends...WTF?? How can we get answers?

You did receive answers above - She joined the website when she was 16 years old! Apparently, she decided all of my lovely warnings that you must be 18 years old to enter the site went in one ear and out the other.

If you join my site before you are legally allowed to, depending on your registration date and current age you will either lose any work you posted prior to your 18th birthday or your entire account. It's very simple. She decided that the rules didn't apply to her, so we applied them for her.

So now, JennMarie is of age and you have what? Forbade her from ever posting? I work with teenagers and understand your "fears"... but I don't understand what the problem is now... You eliminated her as a minor..Ok, Brava! but now she's an adult you're still eliminating her? I don't think you can be charged for prior misdeeds of a minor if you followed you protocol... JennMarie is no longer a legal threat to you...why all the ugliness? She should be allowed to post ALL her stories regardless of when they where originally scripted.

So you "applied" the rules to her...today? When she is NO longer a minor? Excuse me for saying this but isn't that a bit hostile? I realize that this is your site to administer as you will but really what is the true issue now? Past prevarications or just plain ire?

First off, she is not banned from the site. This is not the 1st time she's done it, she's done it on multiple occasions, it just so happened this account came up in our sweep and she was recognized as having signed up as a minor. Not that I have to explain myself to any of you, but she had multiple accounts and was deleted on the following dates. Please note she was born in 1993 by her own admission.

1. 05 June 2009
  2. 06 June 2009
  3. 14 July 2009
  4. 18 July 2011
  5. 27 September 2011
  6. 30 September 2011

Secondly, just because you are no longer a minor doesn't mean that the offense didn't occur. Think about it, you can be prosecuted for most crimes many years after they were committed. Having her registered with a date prior to her 18th birthday means that however tacitly, we approve of underage users on the site, which we DO NOT!

She violated the TOS multiple times as you can see above, she put me and the ENTIRE site in danger with each account she created and each time she clicked "I'm 18 years of age or older." Do you really think that that doesn't deserve consequences? Because I assure you it does.

We have two ways of handling this - If it was during the time where the staff I left in place dropped the ball, we delete all pre-18 content and adjust the registration date. If it was once DemonGoddess and the current staff took over and started to actually moderate the site then the whole account is wiped. We now have the means to check daily registration since the latest upgrade so I assure you this will be a less and less common event. Eventually children will understand that they will be caught and will not be tolerated. If you cannot support the fact that I want this site to stay open and available, even for drama mongers like yourself, then you are more than welcome to find another Archive that is much more restrictive than I am.

I will state again, she is welcome back to the site at any point now that she is of legal age and can repost her content so long as she follows our ToS.

"...If you cannot support the fact that I want this site to stay open and available, even for drama mongers like yourself, then you are more than welcome to find another Archive that is much more restrictive than I am."

Well, being called a "drama monger" was uncalled for... Why are you so defensive? I never said that I didn't agree with your protocol, I simply asked for clarification. I apologize if I upset you but I thoroughly enjoyed that talented young lady's fiction. So many of the authors that I had been following have not recently updated, I feared I had lost another. I will now crawl back under my 50 year old rock and not bother you anymore...

You have the answers you came for, please stop bothering the moderators. Arguing with them achieves nothing but frustration. This is Apollos site, she runs it, pays for it, and hosts it at her own liability. She can call you a drama monger if she damn well wants to, and frankly I'd like to as well. This is her site, she has made simple, fair rules and if you break them there are consequences, for authors and for readers. It is the author, the one who broke the rules, you should be angry at, not Apollo and her mod crew.

This site is free and as such none of us are entitled to anything that this site provides or restricts. Just be grateful that the moderators exist here and that they take the time to answer your questions.

Edited by LockedBox

I'm closing this topic because at this point, it's not going anywhere productive, I've explained and DemonGoddess left another much more blunt response that I've decided to show in the topic. Anything further is argumentative and simply trying to create further drama. Any further questions if the above responses are still lacking clarity, you are welcome to email admin@adult-fanfiction.org

1. She was deleted for registering when she was SIXTEEN YEARS OLD. She KNEW that was the risk she took at time of registration. All of them do, unless they're stupid, which these kids really are not. It's very clearly stated in the ToS that you must be 18 years of age or older. There are splash pages in each subdomain which clearly state you must EIGHTEEN or older. Not SIXTEEN.
  2. The stories were all posted BEFORE her 18th birthday, not after. Because they were posted before she was 18, WE are legally obligated to remove all her data from the site that was posted before then. PERIOD. It's irrelevant what age she is now. What's relevant is what she was at REGISTRATION and time of posting.
  3. NOWHERE was this user ever told she could not create another account, since she is now of age.
  4. NOWHERE was this user ever told she could not repost her work. On that note, the reason she's not created another account, and done exactly that, is that she was careless with her data. THIS IS NOT A DATA REPOSITORY FOR BACK UP PURPOSES. Backing up one's data OFFSITE is the user's responsibility, not the site's. WE DO NOT KEEP COPIES OF IT FOR BACKUP PURPOSES FOR INDIVIDUALS.

Am I yelling a bit in my response? You bet I am. You know WHY? Everything that I explained AGAIN in this post, has been explained previously, several times over. Both here and in email with the user. That people are choosing to not understand plain English, is not my problem.

Further, I will not allow this argument as to whether or not this action should have been taken to continue. Users under 18 have NEVER been allowed on the site. The fact that many of 'em slipped under the radar for so many years, is a staff failure, yes. However, it is not THIS staff's failure. WE are in the process of cleaning up 3 1/2 years of no moderation of any kind. Particularly under age users. To date, I've processed 2600 old minor accounts. Those are registrations prior to December 2008, by the way. If you look at what we do on that basis, listed here and here, you'll understand a bit more. If you read those links and still choose to not understand why, it will be because you want to argue.