Click Here!

Recommended Reading has returned

manta2g

I am having some trouble with using this feature.

I've attempted to link three authors: One author is in the hp archive and has a 10 digit author number. That one works. The other two are in the x-men archive and have four digit author numbers (taken from the URL displayed in my browser when I'm on their profiles.) The two with four digit author numbers do not work when you click on the link displayed in my Recommended Reading section.

Maybe I'm technologically impaired or I do not understand how the author numbers work? unsure.gif

• 1 month later...

Hello, its really nice to have this option back again, but I'm having a little difficulty putting the thing. Can anyone please help me how I can put a 'Naruto' fanfic for this? It'd nice if anyone copy-pasted the whole thing to show me. I'm not too good with these terms sometimes.

Thank you

~WC

Ask and you shall recieve!

Here's a short for-instance guide that we hope will be easy enough to follow:

Say an Author on our site (we will call him "Narut0r0xMyS0x") wishes to recommend a Story in the Inuyasha section. He'd start out by going to the second typing field found in the Edit Profile section of his account, and entering the name of the Archive between the proper command brackets as such: [archive]Inu[/archive].

Directly after that, Narut0r0xMyS0x would find the Story number (this is the number following the equals-sign at the end of the Story's url) and tack it on, with a little more code, after the Archive command. The coding would look, so far, like this: [archive]Inu[/archive][story=#######] -- of course, he'd use the actual story number instead of number signs. He would type the Story Title (we'll say it's called "My Favorite Inuyasha Story EVAR!") itself sandwiched between the "story" open-and-closed commands, as such: [story=#######]My Favorite Inuyasha Story EVAR![/story].

So so far, for Narut0r0xMys0x's recommendation of his favorite Inuyasha Story, the coding would look like this: [archive]Inu[/archive][story=#######]My Favorite Inuyasha Story EVAR![/story].

To add a following link to the Author who wrote "My Favorite Inuyasha Story EVAR!" (which is actually optional), Narut0r0xMyS0x could follow up the above coding with a link to him (in this case, we will call the Recommended Author "Iwillnotsit"). Like above, Narut0r0xMysox would need to find the Author's number (which is found at the end of the url above an Author's Profile Page), and sandwich that between the Author command brackets. So this next step would go something like this: [archive]Inu[/archive][author=#######]Iwillnotsit[/author].

For kicks, Narut0r0xMys0x could add a fan-boyish (or otherwise zippy) comment at the end of all the above coding. If he chose to do so, the final product of it all would be written as such:

[archive]Inu[/archive][story=#######]My Favorite Inuyasha Story EVAR![/story] by [archive]Inu[/archive][author=#######] Iwillnotsit [/author] This story r0xMys0x!!!

Beth

• 5 months later...
Would it be possible for whoever has put in the Recommended Reading section for all authors, to please spell Recommended correctly? As it stands now, the banner reads 'Recomended' which is incorrect.

Thank you in advance for your help.

LaBibliographe

corrected it, thanks. Normally, I do try and do that for manta2g as English is NOT her first language, and occasionally we'll see some odd spelling from her unintentionally.

corrected it, thanks. Normally, I do try and do that for manta2g as English is NOT her first language, and occasionally we'll see some odd spelling from her unintentionally.

Hello - Perhaps I'm not waiting long enough, but as of April 22, 2008, the word 'Recommended' in the 'Recommended Reading List' on my profile page is still spelled incorrectly. Just some feedback for you. Thanks for looking into the problem.

LaBibliographe (in the Harry Potter section)

Hello - Perhaps I'm not waiting long enough, but as of April 22, 2008, the word 'Recommended' in the 'Recommended Reading List' on my profile page is still spelled incorrectly. Just some feedback for you. Thanks for looking into the problem.

LaBibliographe (in the Harry Potter section)

As you had posted to this topic, I naturally thought you were referencing the topic title, as you'd not specified the archive. However, I will bring that to her attention so it can be fixed in the archive as well.

• 4 months later...

Hi, for some reason I'm having trouble adding a story into my recommended reading list.

This is an example of one of the links that works:

[archive]anime[/archive][story=600041158] Unspoken Emotions [/story] - by [archive]anime[/archive][author=1296816427] - Haverstock [/author] ----- [Yaoi] [TykiAllen] [Oneshot] [Complete]

However when I try to add this one:

[archive]anime2[/archive][story=600021195] Blind Obsession [/story] - by [archive]anime2[/archive][author=1296795514] - ZaKai [/author] ----- [Yaoi] [Multi-Part] [WIP - waiting for update - ch12+]

It won't work.

Is there something I'm doing wrong when trying to add from this section? I've never had this fail on me before and I'm stumped.

Thank you.

Edited by Shi_koi

[archive]anime2[/archive][story=600021195] Blind Obsession [/story] - by [archive]anime2[/archive][author=1296795514] - ZaKai [/author] ----- [Yaoi] [Multi-Part] [WIP - waiting for update - ch12+]

It won't work.

Is there something I'm doing wrong when trying to add from this section? I've never had this fail on me before and I'm stumped.

Thank you.

change the above to this:

[archive]anime2[/archive][story=600021195] Blind Obsession [/story] - by [author=1296795514] - ZaKai [/author] ----- [Yaoi] [Multi-Part] [WIP - waiting for update - ch12+]

You only need the archive tag once.

I've tried that and it still isn't accepting it.

What I've tried now:

[archive]anime2[/archive][story=600021195] Blind Obsession [/story] - by [author=1296795514] - ZaKai [/author] ----- Yaoi - Multi-Part - WIP - waiting for update - ch12+

Silly question...but, it's not something to do with it being a story from the anime2 section, is it? All of my recs from the other sections work perfectly. Just a thought. Blame it on my sleep-deprived brain. =^_^=