Click Here!

Weird food tastes?

Guest darma

Personally, I'll eat almost anything with sour cream. I love it:)

And I like tortilla chips with tuna.... and tuna sandwiches with grated parmesan sprinkled on top. Very good.

Pink = Mayo + Ketchup

I love that. People look at me oddly when I mix it, but it's so much better than ketchup alone.

And I like cold pizza. Can barely get through it when it's hot. And it has to have more cheese than sauce. If there's a ton of sauce I can't stomach it.

I also love broccoli, but not just the florets. I love to buy the whole broccoli and eat the stalks.

I like all those things too bookworm.

Wanna know what's good? Putting Doritos ( the Nacho or Cooler Ranch flavored ones ) on your tuna sandwich. I eat mine like that when I have some of those chips lying around. But I don't consider that weird as I've been eating it like that all my life.

Oh, and I found something out about 6 months ago...Finely diced black olives mixed in into tuna fish with a bit of mayo and salt and pepper makes for a very good and filling sandwich. Just thinking about that makes me hungry.

I don't how weird it is, but I can only eat cottage cheese with green olives in it on top of iceberg lettuce.

I too, like Big Samurai, eat my chili only with spaghetti (and cheese...must have cheese!). I thought that was normal until I moved up North and my friends looked at me like I was crazy.

Honestly, I don't like Steak n' Shake's chili/spaghetti...whatever (ChiliMac?). They use too much ketchup or something in their chili. I recommend making your own chili (or finding somewhere that makes good chili) and just cook up some spaghetti to go with it. Even if you don't cook, it's worth it -trust me smile.gif

I too, like Big Samurai, eat my chili only with spaghetti (and cheese...must have cheese!).

Spaghetti definitely has to have cheese, but for me only cheese. I can't stand spaghetti sauce, so I usually just add a ton of grated parmesan or shredded cheddar. So good.

I've never had chili on spaghetti, though my mom used to add chili beans when I was younger. I used to love those until beans started looking little bugs to me and I stopped eating them.

Spaghetti definitely has to have cheese, but for me only cheese. I can't stand spaghetti sauce, so I usually just add a ton of grated parmesan or shredded cheddar. So good.

I've never had chili on spaghetti, though my mom used to add chili beans when I was younger. I used to love those until beans started looking little bugs to me and I stopped eating them.

laugh.gif I'm sorry to laugh at you, I just thought that was so funny. I think we all did at one time think beans looked like bugs.

And I think I am going to try that. Except I don't think I have any chili here in the house. I'll have to look. I do have some left over spaghetti though. And since it's lunch I'm gonna have some... smile.gif I just hope I can find a can of chili though...

I made something interesting a few nights ago...

1 Package of Egg Noodles

1 lb. Hamburger

2 6 oz. Cans of Mushrooms

Total of 4 sticks of butter

Plus TONS of seasonings including 6 different Mrs. Dash's, Sour Cream Flakes, Onion Powder, Salt, Pepper, Crushed Red Pepper, Garlic Powder

It was soo good. I call it Mystery Dinner!

Than again when I make Mystery Dinner .... I don't KNOW what I'm cooking until I actually make it. Kind of an, "Everything but the Kitchen Sink" thing.

I should make a cook-book and put it on my website!

1 Package of Egg Noodles

1 lb. Hamburger

Plus TONS of seasonings including 6 different Mrs. Dash's, Sour Cream Flakes, Onion Powder, Salt, Pepper, Crushed Red Pepper, Garlic Powder

Than again when I make Mystery Dinner .... I don't KNOW what I'm cooking until I actually make it. Kind of an, "Everything but the Kitchen Sink" thing.

Sounds almost like something I did with my brother a long time ago. We were bored so we decided to get all the spices my mom had in the cabinet and make something random. Dumped in sugar and flour and eggs and butter and cinnamon and nutmeg and ginger and probably a few other things. Then we baked it. It was actually really good, I think half and shared it with some friends at school. One of them, who prides herself in being a bit culinary, tried to guess what we'd put in it.

laugh.gif I'm sorry to laugh at you, I just thought that was so funny. I think we all did at one time think beans looked like bugs.

It's okay, I don't mind people laughing at me as long as it's not malicious. I laugh at myself half the time.

1 Package of Egg Noodles

1 lb. Hamburger

That sounds good! Though I think I'm going to cut the butter in half. Its too expensive by me to use so much.

Oh, here's a good recipe...I call it "SilverFox-chan's One Pot Stop" ( you'll see why in a minute )

3 cups white rice ( I recommend Uncle Ben's rice long or regular size grain )

6 cups water

Ok, this is the base of the dish. Here is where you can get creative. However, I'm going to use my favorite here. Substitute where ever you want with different meats, veggies and spices.

4-6 large boneless chicken breasts cubed in large to medium pieces

2 cans corn ( standard size, drained )

2 cans carrots ( standard size, drained )

2 cans peas (standard size, drained )

2 cans kidney beans ( standard size ) for vivid red color

4 cans mushrooms ( optional )

1 1/2 large yellow squash cut into rings, medium thickness

2 large onions ( yellow or white, doesn't matter ) quartered and then the quarters halved.

Add as your tastes desire:

Salt

Black pepper

Crushed red

Garlic ( optional )

In a large cooking put add all ingredients together, and turn on high until boilng. After you get a good boil going turn it down to medium heat. And cook until everything is thoroughly cooked through and water is gone. Sometimes the water will evaporate after you turn the heat off and leave it without the lid.

Since there is essentially a rice in this dish, your spices will have to be slightly heavy as it tends to get soaked up by everything leaving the dish very bland if you don't. I have this problem every time. I will think that I've put too much in and when its done, it tastes very bland.

And this folks, is why its called One Pot Stop. You can use just about any boneless meat except ground hamburger/turkey meat. I wouldn't recommend it. Plus it wouldn't be called One Pot Stop cause you'd first have to cook the ground meat in a frying pan. Although, now that I think about it, you can use some boned meats, I have but its such a pain to take the raw meat off the bone.

Tell me what you think. And feel free to improve upon it and spread the love with friends and family! happy.gif

In India, we call that western biryani. In Spain, they call it weak paella (kidding!).

Western biryani is basically biryani where you substitute traditional ingredients for western ingredients. Regular biryani is usually one meat (I like lamb), a multitude of vegetables including potatoes, peas, and onions, and whole medley of spices, including garlic, saffron, turmeric, and just a pinch of garam masala. If you use multiple meats, you've graduated to paella.

I think this all goes to show that maybe our tastes aren't as weird as we think. No matter what, there will be at least one other person on the face of this planet who likes the same food you do, despite hundreds of people questioning your taste buds. Like mango daal, western biryani, and chili on spaghetti, which I've tried recently and love.

I have a special seasoning I use one everything and my mom and pretty much whole family LOVES it!

This is good if you can't use salt! (Or should I say shouldn't use a lot of salt)

Tomato Basil Mrs. Dash

Table Blend Mrs. Dash

Original Mrs. Dash

Italian Blend Mrs. Dash

Garlic and Herb Mrs. Dash

Lemon Pepper Salt (One or two taps of the jar)

Season Salt (Just a little!)

Crushed Red Pepper (Kinda of rub it in your hands so the oils come out)

Garlic Powder

Oregano Leaves (Like 1/4 a teaspoon)

Sour Cream Flakes

Ground Black Pepper

Salt (Like a very tiny pinch)

I use this on everything and it's actually pretty good. The Mrs. Dash has no salt in it so those on low sodium diets can use it!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.