Click Here!

Random What If... (Regarding the Wall of text issues)

ApolloImperium

So please note that this is not going to happen, I'm posting this more out of curiosity.

As hopefully you are aware of by now, stories showing as a wall of text or one big paragraph is a known issue. DemonGoddess is working to correct the affected chapters one at a time, scanning the over 467,000+ chapters we have on site. Now of course, users can also correct it on their own stories with out waiting for DG.

My very tongue in cheek comment on this - We upgraded the code to avoid a huge crash that was going to happen at some very near time in the future because of how duck taped/MacGyver'd the whole old code was. Yes, some stories broke. In my opinion, taking the time out to fix them is a very small price to pay considering that this site is free to use and donations are optional.

Now - That being said:

IF we offered to make your stories a priority in the fix for a $100 donation to the site, would you do it? What about $50? $25? $10?

What is it worth to a user to not have to take a little bit of time, go into the story and hit return a couple dozen times (depending on your story length)?

Again, please note we are NOT doing this, I'm posting this out of curiosity only...

In all honesty? No, I wouldn't pay. Why pay for something you can do for free yourself? The fact that people are lazy about such a simple thing is and don't want to take a few minutes is rediculious. Instead, they want someone who is already busy as heck keeping the site going, to come in and fix it for them. If they were 5, I could see that. But as we are all adults, or should be, I don't see why people can't just suck it up and do it themselves...

That may be a bit harsh, but *shrugs* I believe people should behave like the capeable adults they are. But then, I am a bit jaded XD

I'd say sure if they have the money or mass of chapters affected. I'd suggest a minimum of ?10$ with an additional amount for the number of chapters involved... for the mod's time. If they want to be lazy, they can pay.

Edited by Anesor

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.