Click Here!

Mental Disorders!

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

Do you have, or believe you have, any sort of mental disorders?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have, or believe you have, any sort of mental disorders?

• I have been diagnosed with a mental disorder.
    • I have never been diagnosed, but show symptoms of a mental disorder.
    • I have never been diagnosed with a mental disorder, nor do I believe I have one.

Guest DarkAvenger
about half of the things listed are actually the ones which are required for a Programmer or anyone dealing with computers.

The person who feels better not going outside

Who likes methodical, repetitive tasks

who is obsessive about having things done correctly

who is staying on a task till completion

Those qualities make High Achievers successful. It looks to me that you are utilizing your potential and getting things done.

...though, if I drop a Snickers bar I'd just pick it up and eat it (exept if it was dropped in the public restroom, hehe). Grossed you out, didn't I?

So far my impressions of you are:

1) DA is getting things done

2) DA has steep deadlines.

Both things are good, really. The only way to piss me off would be deleting my account or majorly tampering with it and so far I don't see it hapenning.

ROLF, nice. It's true. Bet Trae could back you up on that, though perhaps not so... obsessively as I am. I've noticed it tends to dull with age (my dad is my test subject, lol).

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW *runs and hides* sick.gif Food off floor is N-A-S-T-Y. Here's one for you though, and perhaps one of the reasons I am now I am now.

In grade school, I used to pick up other kids gum off the playground, dirt and all, and chew it. Wonder why I was always sick or why I broke my teeth caps into pieces? haha.... *grossed out again* (Btw, I think it was my way of rebelling against the fact that my dentist and parents said NO GUM.) *cringes* God, even the memory makes me ill.

1. I try

2. Yup, cause I'm also impatient... did you notice? haha

Hmmmm, best watch out for my itchy trigger finger when pruning forum accounts. Somehow I managed to delete lots of people who'd posted within the last year when I didn't mean to (about a month or so back). *felt horrible over that* I give them all 5000 points when they return. *sniffle*

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DarkAvenger
wow, DA. I think I'm even more in love with you.

that thing about the phone...I've heard that before from people who have been sleep deprived. It's like your brain short-circuits and goes into a repetative loop.

The rest, I'm just in awe.

Oh, and about your mom. My secretary takes Primrose oil for what ails her. That's supposed to help (its an anti-inflammatory) I haven't tried it myself, but I hear it has very good effects on other things as well. (like minor injuries involving pulled muscles.)

Love thing: Awwwwwwwwww, I'm loved. wub.gif

Phone Thing: Really? Oh good... I haven't lost my mind yet! haha

Mom Thing: Hmmm, can I sneak it into her food? *laughs*

... ... ... *cough*

Nan, forgive me my OCDness. >_< I can't figure out how to attribute more than one quote in a post, and I don't want to just use the QUOTE thing without attribution... it bothers me. Anyone know how to attribute multiple quotes from multiple people in one post? (God, I should know how to do that... I'm the freaking admin and tech, lol)

Guest echtrae
Nan, forgive me my OCDness. >_< I can't figure out how to attribute more than one quote in a post, and I don't want to just use the QUOTE thing without attribution... it bothers me. Anyone know how to attribute multiple quotes from multiple people in one post? (God, I should know how to do that... I'm the freaking admin and tech, lol)

It takes a bit of work. I've been pondering for a while modifying the code so you could select multiple posts for quoting.

As for being obsessive, I have found that I have become more so as I've gotten older.

Open up some other document like WordPad.

Highlight each chunk of text you want to quote then C&P it.

Within the quote tag, use the following format:

For example, the opening quote tag for this post would be

At least, that's how I do it. It works for both multiple quotes and nesting quotes.

P.S. For some reason when you quote a post, any quotes within that post won't show up in the quoting area.

I could probably be diagnosed with any one of half a dozne different disorders, seeing as how I reguralry talk to myself, can zone out for extended periods, hold long winded conversations in my head, and am convinced I serve as some sort of universal joke. This is essentially why I refuse to deal with a psychiatrist/psychologist. I know I'm crazy, and plan to fully enjoy it as long as it lasts.

I haven't been diagnosed with anything,yet.But I do have major panic atacks.I also regularely talk to myself.When I was little I used to have a lot of imaginery friends.

I also have a completely irrational fear of snakes,and when I see one I usually faint.This is something I can not control,even though I'm trying.

Edited by darma

(darma @ August 24, 2007 08:48 am)

I also regularely talk to myself. 

(DarkAvenger @ August 24, 2007 04:19 pm)

Wait... that's not normal? Oh no... I have another issue! ROFL

well, that's a list you can add me to. i constantly talk to myself. and yes, i even answer on occasion. at least i know i won't lie to myself. and if i try.... well, you can see where this is going.

barking mad, yeah. that's the ticket...

oh, and by the way DA.... i second that whole loving you the way you are thing. wub.gif

well, that's a list you can add me to. i constantly talk to myself. and yes, i even answer on occasion. at least i know i won't lie to myself. and if i try.... well, you can see where this is going.

barking mad, yeah. that's the ticket...

oh, and by the way DA.... i second that whole loving you the way you are thing. wub.gif

I talk to myself - and I answer sometimes... you really aren't in trouble until you answer yourself with "Hmmm? What did you say?" freak.gif

Wait, does singing in the car count for anything? Because I happen to suffer from delusion that I can actually sing while doing that.

Dude... I've LOST arguments with myself before. That's the ticket... to what I'm not sure, lol.

Think that's bad? I can have entire four way debates in my head if the situation warrants, and the players can change as well. I don't suffer from multiple personalities though, is suffer from multiple ids, or what ever they're called. smile.gif It makes making decisions really interesting at times.

Talking to oneself is a requirement for a Writer. Losing arguments with oneself possibly points to a Writer of Angst or Drama; having four way debates possibly points to writing Comedy or a good Fight. Does that make any sense? smile.gif

Guest DarkAvenger
Talking to oneself is a requirement for a Writer. Losing arguments with oneself possibly points to a Writer of Angst or Drama; having four way debates possibly points to writing Comedy or a good Fight. Does that make any sense? smile.gif

And what do I write? Angst and Drama... lol Nice one

hmmmm.

dunno about losing arguments to myself. i don't pay close enough attention. and i dunno about four way conversations. again, don't pay attention.

i do, like Leon. i talk to the Muses. constantly. and they're an arrogant bunch of gits. lately, three of the four have taken to dressing up to see who looks best in the least. the fourth watches and waits for something dangerous to come along so he can kill it.

its amazing i get any writing done at all.

gee, Madlodger.... what does this say about my abilities as a writer? i'm curious to see if you can answer this one. i'd like to think i'm not so easily pegged. wink.gif

what does this say about my abilities as a writer? i'm curious to see if you can answer this one. i'd like to think i'm not so easily pegged.  wink.gif

Ouch! That "pegged" expression always plants some weird images in my mind.

Considering the fact that I read at least one fic of yours and Leon's, that opinion would be biased and should not be taken seriously smile.gif

Talking to one's Muses possibly points to a person removed from reality and living on a different Astral Plane. Mystery and Fantasy should be most likely, Reality based Criminal Detective stories the least likely.

Ouch! That "pegged" expression always plants some weird images in my mind.

Considering the fact that I read at least one fic of yours and Leon's, that opinion would be biased and should not be taken seriously smile.gif

Talking to one's Muses possibly points to a person removed from reality and living on a different Astral Plane. Mystery and Fantasy should be most likely, Reality based Criminal Detective stories the least likely.

well, let's not get into a discussion on getting pegged at the moment. i could go on and on about it and i'm sure no one wants to hear a grown woman whine.

and honestly, i think people you don't know can give a better opinion of you than people you do know. because those people are biased. you're right. i don't really care for True Crime and most of what i read can fall easily into fantasy. honestly, most of what i read is fiction of one kind or another. so it would make sense i write it.

one friend wanted to know if you meant i wasn't all here. i told her i was the first to admit that i'm not all there. tongue.gif

think.gif I believe I have both feet planted firmly on the ground, but that doesn't mean my head isn't on some totally different plane. I happen to enjoy true crime as well as fantasy, sci-fi, horror, biographies, smut... I'll read just about anything.

This got me to thinking and that made me ask my mother something. According to her, from the time I was very little I could sit in my room and play with all kinds of imaginary people. I never had to be entertained - I made whatever I had entertaining to me. I can remember even into my early adolescents imagining all kinds of interesting scenarios involving my favorite characters as well as some I just made up. That kinda explains why I've been writing since I could read.

one friend wanted to know if you meant i wasn't all here.

Not quite like that. I do beleive that humans have this extra brain capable of creating it's own invironment. Some people are just much better at it. It's like some people can sing and some can't. The same goes for ability to build an inner world, with characters and muses and whatnot. I am sure it's different for everybody and sometimes people loose control and are unable to separate reality from fantasy. That's the point where it becomes a problem. Looks like a part of a coping mechanism. Because reality sucks, sometimes big time. I am sure that writers have this ability pretty well developed, starting since childhood.

think.gif  I believe I have both feet planted firmly on the ground 

I am glad to hear that. It's nice to have a balance between Fantasy and Reality. Really, it's about staying in control in both smile.gif

None of my ramblings are actually meant to evaluate anyone, hehe. No light is coming from these dark quarters. If any of it makes sense - great; if it doesn't - oh well. blow.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.