Click Here!

Aquafina Labels: It's Tap Water

Guest echtrae

H2O is H2O. Why are we so surprised? At least it's filtered. Wonder what sort of filter they used.

I suppose that buying a less than 1 micron filter would be better than purchasing bottled water cost-wize and quality-wize.

My tap water is pretty clean.

The water's usually brown

Do you have to filter it and boil or just buying bottled water for cooking? Do white clothes turn brown in washing?

Actually most bottled water is more contaminated than what you'd get from your tap if your municipality has upgraded its reservoir, filtration and delivery systems since 2000.

I'm on well water ph34r.gif

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi
I'm on well water ph34r.gif

...Ew

Well water is subject to all kinds of grossness, not limited to animal dropping. If ANYTHING contaminates the soil, you're drinking it.

We are installing a water filtration system at the ranch so our water will be better than what the others have to deal with around me. At the moment there is a warning out in Runnels county on the water bills - we're under yellow alert for contamination - which means (and I quote) "The old, infirm, ill or very young should not drink, cook with, or bathe in the water". We buy bottled water for cooking and drinking while we're out there and then travel back to the house in town if we're going to shower or do laundry. Which really sucks as the water heater at the ranch works great but the one here in town is currently in residence in the back yard and has become a plaything for the dogs.

Guest Big Samurai

cool.gif

Lucky for me, I only go for generic bottled water, but ... sheesh, between that chili recall and news like this, I wonder what I've really been eating and drinking for the past few years.

We are installing a water filtration system at the ranch so our water will be better than what the others have to deal with around me. At the moment there is a warning out in Runnels county on the water bills - we're under yellow alert for contamination - which means (and I quote) "The old, infirm, ill or very young should not drink, cook with, or bathe in the water". We buy bottled water for cooking and drinking while we're out there and then travel back to the house in town if we're going to shower or do laundry. Which really sucks as the water heater at the ranch works great but the one here in town is currently in residence in the back yard and has become a plaything for the dogs.

WFS are really good. We have our own filter system, but, let me tell you there's something wrong when the homes that have local government filtration systems are contaminated and well water is the only safe source for water dry.gif