Click Here!

No jobs for US citizens without DHS approval

Guest echtrae

Guest Adara

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I'm sorry, I just...good FUCKING gods...what the hell?

Not only do you have to APPLY for a job, you also have to hope the Government APPROVES us?

I'm at a loss for words...really...I am.

This is disturbing to say the least, and completely wrong to say the most. I've had my job for over 8 years and I work with protected individual information every day... this does not bode well... and frankly it scares the holy shit out of me. What's next? Our social security numbers tattooed on our asses?

Haha Nan while you feel like staying home with kids is a full time job unfortunately the government does not. Hell if we got to stay home and take care of someone I'd stay at home to take care of my mom. I'd ditch the Dollar Store QUICK if I could stay at home

Guest Agaib

This is admittedly a little creepy. At first I thought, the government wants to make sure employers are only employing legal citizens and immigrants. OK. I don't really agree with our current policies on immigration but at first it seemed to make sense considering what the policy is. The big issue I noticed, however, is that the bill has prohibitions on judicial review. So in other words, if their assessment process wrongs you, you're not allowed to go to court with it?

THAT'S scary.

I really hope I misunderstood.

You didn't misunderstand the fine print. It's one of the many oversights our "government" has been slipping into these bills for years. You wouldn't believe some of the shit these guys get passed just by jotting a one liner in the bill on page 78 down at the bottom in double speak. It's scary, it's wrong, and it's the way this government works - fuck the public, they won't know what hit 'em until it's too late.

Guest Agaib

Is that legal?

what ever happened to that those checks and balances I had to learn about in 8th grade?

I suppose then the law would have to be declared unconstitutional before someone could call them out on a mistake. But they can't draw up a court case against the law unless a mistake has been made, which they can't claim because of the law?

thats really really fucked up

*shrugs* Unfortunately that's the way it is. People slip in things that would benefit them and if someone isn't on their toes enough to spot it it's all gravy. I'm with you on the thought that it's illegal, but with the way things are being run now that seems to be the norm.