Click Here!

Missing Most Recent Story

The Djinn

Your story was hidden for a bad disclaimer yesterday. Check the e-mail associated with your account for details.

Your story was hidden for a bad disclaimer yesterday. Check the e-mail associated with your account for details.

No e-mail was received on this end. I did fix the disclaimer though, at least the parts that were noted in the comment. Had the fandom name, company name, noted it was not for profit, etc. So not sure what was missing after that.

If you read the requirements for a proper disclaimer, it says quite clearly:

Say that you do not own the fandom, by NAME of that fandom. Character disclaimers are not enough. Say you make no money on the fiction.

Your disclaimer only mentions the characters, and not the Xmen fandom as a whole. When you have corrected your disclaimer, then we can review your correction and restore your story to the archive.

As to the email, it was sent, and since it was not returned to us as undeliverable, you might want to check your spam folder.

"I do not own any of the X-Men: Evolution and other Marvel Universe characters portrayed in this story. They are the property of Marvel Comics. This work of fiction is nonprofit."

This is what I have up there now. Is X-Men: Evolution too specific?

Again, the problem here is the way it's worded, you're disclaiming the characters, and not really the fandom, which, if you name it, disclaims it all.

So, you would want it to say..

I don't own X-Men: Evolution. This work of fiction is nonprofit

---

If you are writing for other titles WITH X-Men: Evolution, you'd write..

I don't own X-Men: Evolution or Spiderman

as an example.

Hope that clarifies it for ya

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.