Click Here!

Dog Days of Summer are almost over!

ApolloImperium

Updates from Apollo

Updates from Apollo

Well summer is almost over, much to my surprise. It seems like it was just yesterday that I was freezing my tush off and wishing it was warm already. I would like to remind everyone real quick that our moderators are volunteers and use the site as well, so if they contact you, please use the contact information left in the review or email instead of commenting on one of their stories. Thanks!

2012 Calendar and 10 Year Anniversary

Crap! It's August already! That means there are only 5 months before we hit our 10 year anniversary! So what does that mean? That means that there are CONTESTS! Yes, for all you artistic folk, I am once again asking for your assistance, creating lovely art for out yearly calendar and this time for our logo as well.

If you hung around last year and remember the calendar contest, you will find that only the dates have changed. However, you can always find a refresher course here.

The logo contest is new though. In honor of our 10 year anniversary, we must have a splendorific logo to go with it. Which is where you come in. If it was me doing it, I would end up putting a birthday cake up with the letters 10 on it. Not very original, huh? Well, yea, I didn't think so either. Unless this sounds appealing to you, get out your thinking caps, your art supplies and get drawing! Or pixilating or what ever medium works for you. For all the details and other specifics, please visit our new page here.

AFF CafePress Store

Please take a moment to check out our store, featuring our AFF Calendar and other merchandise with the wonderful designs they provided us! If you see artwork you like but not on an item you are interested in? Send me a PM or e-mail and I will see what we can do! Hurry Hurry! Before you know it the 2012 designs will be posted and you won't be able to get the previous years designs!

Funding Status

Information to exact status is always found on the donations page. Currently, the site has $991.84 stored in PayPal. August's hosting costs are paid and we look good for the coming months! The money we have will be going towards the various upgrades planned and while we have amassed a small surplus that will allow us to do these various upgrades, please keep us in mind if you have some spare cash! Please see the donation page for further information on how.

Reviewers Association

As most of the authors on the site know, getting reviews is hard anymore for most. With that in mind a group of beings came up with the AFF Reviewers Association. Each month, the members are going through and finding stories in areas they read in with no reviews so that those gems that are under appreciated can get some 'love' too. And they are always recruiting! If you have the time and want to join contact either Shadow (http://www2.adultfan...r/18074-shadow/), Naqaashi (http://www2.adultfan...18134-naqaashi/), MidNigh (http://www2.adultfan.../19230-midnigh/) or Synysterstar (http://www2.adultfan...9-synysterstar/) through their forum profile.

Tech Updates from DemonGoddess

Monthly Moderation Update

As always, we want to keep you informed of how the site moderation goes. Take a look at the wonderful work that our staff has done in keeping the site safe and open to all! Click Me!

Clean up updates

Nothing new to say, other than the work is continuing. I do apologize for not getting as much done for it this last month. I've been having horrendous connection issues, and FINALLY got to where I stay connected for longer than a few minutes at a time, the weekend of the upgrade. Needless to say, this has slowed me WAY down, as I am not going to try manipulating data and moving it around in the db, while my connection won't stay connected.

A REMINDER to all, if you happen to get an email generated that has your login credentials, it's because you had more than one archive membership, and I merged you. You'll also notice in that for instance, a change to registration date, and a few other things. That wasn't your account being hacked, it was me doing my work. :D

Server upgrade

As many of you know, our hardware and NetOS were upgraded over the weekend. We had some unexpected issues, but ended up having everything all working, and working WELL within 24 hours. If any of you run into any oddball behavior in any of the applications, please let me know, and give me details so I know where to look. The topic to post this is here.

Something I did forget to mention, is that with the change in hardware, DNS changes because of it and whatnot, your old cookies are no longer valid. You will all have to reset the archive cookie. To do this, clear the cookies in the browser, CLOSE the browser, restart it and reset the cookie.

Rich text editor

The script was upgraded 7/22. The script updates addressed a number of bugfixes for CKEditor. Details are here.

I'm still trying to find a workaround for those of you trying to copy/paste from Works. So far, I'm not having any success on that end. I suspect that since the software is EOL and proprietary, that may be WHY I'm having no luck finding a workaround. However, as Works is End of Life, and is being replaced by Office Starter 2010 (which is ad supported, and ONLY works on Vista or above machines), I would suggest downloading Open Office or Libre Office. Either application can open any MS document, edit that same document, and even save in the format. Best of all, they're open source, and FREE.

from sainmoth14 (in the bleach archive)

sadly the lack of comments is horrible no one seems to care enough to review, the only people who want to say something are haters who leave no constructive criticism just hate speech, this does not help writers get better at writing, things need help

Without seeing the "hate speech" reviews, I'm loathe to say whether or not they're simply harsh concrit, or truly a flame. Often, what some consider a nasty gram is simply a blunt and rather harsh concrit. Let's face it, if a writer ASKS for concrit, they're not always going to get glowing reviews. That is, after all, the goal of constructive criticism, to point out where things can be improved.

Aside from that, if you read in the post above, there is a new thing, the Reviewers' Association. I suggest you get in touch with one of those members to help give other writers a boost!

Guest dextrousleftie

I saw that people are having trouble copying and pasting into the RTF from Works. I only ever use Works, as I don't have Word. And the only way that I've ever been able to copy/paste from my Works program to the RTF is by doing it in Internet Explorer. Every other browser gives me a security box that you have to paste into, and it doesn't paste at all from that box. Ever since I started using IE to cut/paste my chapters from Works, I've never had a problem. Although I would suggest doing any editing on the chapter that you have to do in another browser because IE turns sluggish when you try to edit on it. I use Google Chrome for my editing, and to remove the @ signs that are put up in any spaces that I put into the story which is the only problem that I have now. Just a suggestion for anybody having any problems with Works, because I realyl enjoy using Works and wouldn't use Word even if I had it installed on my computer.

That's exactly why I suggested Open Office and Libre Office as alternatives. Works is end of life and not supported by Microsoft, hasn't been for some time. OO and LO are open source software, work very well, are FREE and import just about everything, as well as being able to be added to ANY RTE on any site, with no difficulties.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mesteno

i'm not sure if this is where i should be posting this, but i've recently signed up in hopes of submitting an original story, but i can't find the appropriate category? I have submitted to this site before under the original category, so i'm wondering if this is a recent change or if I'm just going mad..?

most grateful if i could have this sorted :)

For tech support, add your topic to the tech support forum. Normally, I delete these if they're anywhere but where they belong. However, what you need to do is be sure to use your jump menu, select original from the drop down, and click go. This is in your user cp.