Click Here!

Another survey reports: Women will give sex

quamp

Would you give up sex for a new wardrobe?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you give up sex for a new wardrobe?

• Female, no way!
    • Male, no way!
    • Male, maybe
    • Female, maybe
    • Male, I don't know or care
    • Female, I don't know or care
    • Male, sure! My clothes stink anyway
    • Female, YES!! CLOTHES NOW!!!

Story here

Women on average say they would be willing to give up sex for 15 months for a closet full of new apparel, with 2 percent ready to abstain from sex for three years in exchange for new duds, according to a new survey of about 1,000 women in 10 U.S. cities.

Sixty-one percent of women polled said it would be worse to lose their favorite article of clothing than give up sex for a month.

I like clothing... but not this much.

The average woman between 18 and 54 years of age has hung on to her favorite article of clothing for 12 and a half years, a year longer than she's held on to her longest relationship.

Uh-oh... are we doing something wrong here...?

Almost three-quarters of respondents, or 70 percent, also said they believed in love at first sight when it came to finding the perfect article of clothing, while only 54 percent of women were as confident in spotting the right man.

You think I may find a girlfriend if I stock up on women's clothing here...? think.gif

So let's hear it from everyone - would you give up sex for a month for a new wardrobe?

Absolutely not

But to be frank Quamp, I think you're asking the wrong crowd. I mean most of us are here because of our love for sex and literature, I highly doubt anyone here would give it up for something like clothing.

I know some women like that, but I am NOT one of them.

As for the differences in behaviourisms between men and women: women don't think of sex every 20 seconds (usually) and for the most part need to be persuaded in some way or other. (exception is usually when she is "in heat") It is technically easier for a woman to give up sex for extended periods of time than it is for men.

I wanna have my cake and eat it too!

Well, OK, I may be a virgin and I do have certain periods where I love to buy clothes (especially after cleaning out my closet to donate half of my old clothes), but in general I have a high libido and I hate shopping and being forced to spend hours trying on clothes.

So really, I wouldn't give up sex.gif for clothes once I started getting it. Frankly, I don't see why I can't have both at the same time.

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

Umm... NO

My libido is a near constant thing running here folks. If I were to ever give up sex it would be because I ran out of Birth Control pills or am mentally ill.

It seems that I was the first one to vote positively. rolleyes.gif

Perhaps I'm the tiniest bit materialistic, but if I had to choose between the month of no sex that quamp suggested, and a wardrobe consisting of the kind of clothing I prefer, there's no contest. While I'm not a traditional clothes whore, nor an enthusiastic shopper, my tastes are somewhat unorthodox and not easily catered to(not to mention expensive), so when I see just that right item, it indeed is love at first sight. Yeah, when purchasing my sixth leather jacket, I did begin to ponder whether it should be the time to find a nice self-help book... laugh.gif

As for the sex, I love it and pretty much the kinkier, the better, but there are also times when I'm simply not interested. I'm also single so there isn't the constant temptation of the significant other hanging about. (Okay, with my luck, I'd meet the world's sexiest man/woman about 4 days into that month. biggrin.gif ) I dare say that I could make it. I didn't say that it would automatically be easy, though. tongue.gif

Well, I posted this at another message board and I just wanted to see the differences between the two.

Admittedly, as a man, I would not give up sex for a new wardrobe. I'm content with what I have now.

BTW, over there, giving up sex is winning in the female category, 83% to 8% with 9% not caring