Click Here!

Content Codes

Guest JaneConteny B

Guest JaneConteny B

I recently picked up an old fanfiction i had been writing, and after maybe two and a half three years I reread the summary and decided to edit it. I did a quick select all delete and rewrite. I didn't realize my content codes had been deleted as well. I went back after the fact to try and re-add those and there was no option. I tried hand tying them and now i have maybe 12 characters left in my summary limit. Is there anyway to re-add the content codes without having to repost my entire 12 chapter fiction?

Thanks much,

Janey B.

Janey -

Content codes can only be selected from the list when a story is uploaded and do not count towards summary totals then, once that initial save is done though any edits are reflected in the word count for the summary, I apologize. One thing you can do though, is put your summary and either "See A/N top of Ch 1 for full content codes/warnings" or list the most impacting codes and then in an AN in chapter 1 list all of them there, or a combination of the two, what ever works out best character wise.

We just need the content codes in to CYA (well, cover my ass technically) and it doesn't matter if they are in the summary or chapter data, so long as they are there and correct. I would caution though that if you explore any possible squicks or phobia topics like non-con/mpreg/minor that you put them in the summary, users tend to prefer to be warned before they click on a story, but that's a suggestion not a requirement. Like I said so long as they are either summary or top of chapter.

Sorry for the slight ramble, that's what happens when I answer member questions at 1am...!

• 1 month later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.