Click Here!

NYC, Trump, Disney reward "Subway Superman"

Guest echtrae

Guest echtrae

When people do things like this, I'll admit that I get sort of hopeful for our society.

NYC, Trump, Disney reward "Subway Superman"

"You see somebody in distress, you help out," Autrey told a news conference, as he was flanked by his 4- and 6-year-old daughters, who had watched their father jump onto the subway tracks. "I was just in the right place at the right time."

Am I the only one who reads that thinks 'Oh, those poor girls'? I hope he at least told them not to move. Do you think he even thought about what might happen to them if he had died in his attempt? I mean, cool, he saved a life - that's great, but those poor little girls were prolly freaked out seeing their daddy get run over by a subway train.

Guest Big Samurai

I think it's cool that the dude saved a life, but, at the same time, stuff like this probably happens a lot, it just doesn't get caught on camera, so I feel bad for all those undocumented acts of similar heroism.

Actually, he wasn't thinking about the clearance at all. The train showed up several minutes after he had jumped down onto the tracks. The guy was having a seizure, and they do get pretty violent. He couldn't get the guy back onto the platform, and then saw the train. So he probably wasn't expecting any trains being invovled when he jumped.