Click Here!

Happy New Year!

ShiniLuv

Lot of people already celebrating the change to 2007 out Australasia way I guess. Another eight hours for the UK to change years, which will take Scotland, Wales and most of England to 2007 while Cumbria is reaching 1936.

Sigh... c'mon year, change! I'd be out partying like every other year since I was 17 (before which, party at home!) if I hadn't something unfortunate to my foot a week ago. Yay painkillers.

Well, Christmas sucked for me. Right after coming home from my last exam on the 22nd, my mom told me that Grandpa had died that morning.

Well, he isn't my grandfather by blood. He's my cousin's grandfather, but he was the only one of his generation living in New York, in the U.S. for that matter. He was "Grandpa" to all of us there. To his own grandkids, to his grandchildren's cousins, and their cousins, to all of us living in North America, especially anyone who was in NYC or nearby (like my cousins on the other side of the family living in NJ).

I thought I would be able to celebrate the end of exams, but the death was a huge blow to me. The worst part is, we couldn't even go to New York this winter vacation (even though we do most of the time) because of celebrations we were obligated to host here. So we missed the funeral.

I did watch two of my favorite New Year's celebrations: the dropping of the ball in Times Square and the drag festival in Key West, Florida with the dropping of the red high heel with a drag queen in it. Still, I just wasn't as into it this year because I'm still mourning.

Does that mean I have a negative outlook for 2007? Of course not! I mean, the year went off to a bad start, what with the death and the first real snow in Toronto coming after Christmas, and being forced to clean up a messy apartment (I hate cleaning!) to host three different parties (two down, one to go). But once that's all out of the way, I'm sure I'll have a relatively good year.

Happy New Year! cheers.gif

better late than never.

got home safe and sound, SO is singing innane tunes about being happy to be home again in a Bing Crosby kind of way (what a doofus!) and I'm numb from head to toe. Accomplishment #1: we named the beast that we drove. I called it the "Big Shiny" since low beams were so bright, all the BC drivers we met on the road flashed us as they passed (meanies). All the Alberta drivers did nothing, since the Yellowhead is divided, but even so, we were flashed twice, and the Manitoba drivers flashed politely from a distance. (we went through Saskatchewan during the day). We considered muddying up the lenses. es. es. ?

ne way, started off the holiday sick, partied when we had to, shopped till we dropped, had an incredible choral experience at my sister-in-law's, drank Belgian beer, caught a cold from the other in-laws (on the way back) and appreciated God, the weather, and BC.

Happy New Year to all who read this, and I resolve to forgive everyone this year. (New Year's Eve was spent with Grissom, thank you very much!)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.